Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2014 12:04:48 PM EDT
So some friends and I are planning a camping trip and wanted to go somewhere that has a decent shooting range and is within 5 hours of memphis. we don't really care about facilities or if its off the beaten path. Anything like this exist? Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Taliv might know a place!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Natchez Trace State Park.

or

Land Between the Lakes might also be an option...but I don't know if the shooting range ever reopened after the road construction. Might check with the gang over at the KY htf.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Land Between the Lakes' range is open and camping is available almost everywhere with a backcountry pass. Of course camp grounds are plentiful as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

Land Between the Lakes might also be an option...but I don't know if the shooting range ever reopened after the road construction. Might check with the gang over at the KY htf.

Land Between the Lakes' range is open and camping is available almost everywhere with a backcountry pass. Of course camp grounds are plentiful as well.

Awesome thanks!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
more than 5 hrs, (just gi=ving info) GWNF is awesome (VA), miles and miles of dirt roads and lakes/fishing shooting camping etc....we do different campspots every night over long weekends "expo" style
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Awesome thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

Awesome thanks!

I camp at Natchez very often and the campgrounds are first rate.  All types from primitive to full hook up RV (actually 4 different campgrounds)plus several nice lakes to fish in and cabins to rent..  I have never been to the range there however so don't really know what kind of setup they have.  Natchez is one of the nicest parks in the state currently so I imagine they have a decent range.
http://tnstateparks.com/parks/about/natchez-trace  You have to look closely but the shooting range is shown on the park map off the main road leading down towards Pinoak lake.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
The Natchez range has a pretty scary setup last time I was there.  The pistol firing line is to the right and forward of the rifle line.  

If you are lucky you would be the only person there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Natchez range has a pretty scary setup last time I was there.  The pistol firing line is to the right and forward of the rifle line.  

View Quote

I have heard that before myself!  With deer season it might be busy with rifles being sited in.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was there last spring and it looked like they were changing it around.  The 100 yard range benches were even with the pistol area.  The rifle range looked like they were clearing trees past the pistol berms.  Anyone else been there recently?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top