BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Well that's one way to do it I guess.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Happened twice at Sporting Arms, on Charlotte Ave, near the I-40 exit.  After the second incident, they moved to a building with more than just a sidewalk between the parking lot and the front door.  Stolen cars were used to drive through the front of the building, both times.

ETA;  Before they lost their FFL, Gun City had one or two incidents of a stolen truck and heavy chain being used to rip the doors off the front of the building.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#3]
A gun store in Jackson had the same thing happen a few years ago. They have huge concrete barriers in front now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I was just there this weekend.  They have some nice products.  A bit pricey though.  (I dont own a Dodge truck - btw!)
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
They used a Ram to ram the building.  Guess there was no dodging that one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Happened to a shop in Louisville not too long ago, and supposedly a shop here in Clarksville/Oak Grove before I got here. Seems to be a popular way to do it.

When I heard a store had been robbed by ramming a truck into it this morning on the radio, I told my wife that I bet it was a gun shop.

I'm surprised gun shops that don't have some sort of barrier in front can even get insurance.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Happened to a shop in Louisville not too long ago, and supposedly a shop here in Clarksville/Oak Grove before I got here. Seems to be a popular way to do it.

When I heard a store had been robbed by ramming a truck into it this morning on the radio, I told my wife that I bet it was a gun shop.

I'm surprised gun shops that don't have some sort of barrier in front can even get insurance.
View Quote

It happened to Alan's. The guy that did it was drunk and tried to steal a Garand but I think passed out in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I remember that. Got caught in the act by a cop that happened to be passing by at the time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think I remember that. Got caught in the act by a cop that happened to be passing by at the time.
View Quote

The dash cam footage is on YouTube somewhere. It was featured on one of those dumb criminal shows.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, I remember when they tried it at Allen's. Same thing happened at Atlantic Guns back home in Maryland when I was in high school.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It happened to Alan's. The guy that did it was drunk and tried to steal a Garand but I think passed out in the parking lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds awesome.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Started getting popular in the mid to late 1990s, after the Brady bill was passed.

There was a small gun store south of Murfreesboro, that was essentially in the backyard of the owner's house.  I think it was somewhere around 1995 that somebody backed a van up to the door to his store, beat the steel security door in with sledgehammers, then smashed the display cases and grabbed what they could.  His alarm system had a delay on the door (to give him time to get from the door to the keypad and disarm it), but the display cases would set the alarm off instantly if the glass was broken.  The alarm woke the owner up.  He grabbed a gun and headed outside, and he was just in time to see the van pulling out onto hwy 96.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Guns & Leather had this happen to their original store in Greenbriar years ago.

Specialty Arms has two large concrete bowls in front of their doors. Reloaders Bench doesn't have anything nor does the Hendersonville Guns & Leather store. I don't think Nashville Armory has anything either.

I'm amazed at how many gun stores don't have security cameras to at least ID the perps.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They used a Ram to ram the building.  Guess there was no dodging that one.
View Quote

*Groan*
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Store in the Atlanta area, landlord wouldn't allow security bars.  After a break-in, they put them in anyway.  Also have bollards to stop vehicles.  Thieves were in and out in under two minutes, cops were there within four.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Started getting popular in the mid to late 1990s, after the Brady bill was passed.

There was a small gun store south of Murfreesboro, that was essentially in the backyard of the owner's house.  I think it was somewhere around 1995 that somebody backed a van up to the door to his store, beat the steel security door in with sledgehammers, then smashed the display cases and grabbed what they could.  His alarm system had a delay on the door (to give him time to get from the door to the keypad and disarm it), but the display cases would set the alarm off instantly if the glass was broken.  The alarm woke the owner up.  He grabbed a gun and headed outside, and he was just in time to see the van pulling out onto hwy 96.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was working at Barrett when that happened. The shop owner was a professor at MTSU.  A Thai or Laotian gang from Nashville ended up getting caught with a bunch of the handguns.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell they cut a hole in the wall at franklin gun shop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top