Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 5:35:41 PM EDT
I am getting the hell out of Shelby County, as fast as I can make it.

So, I need to sell my house.  I have never really had a good experience with realtors, they never want to listen to me and argue with everything I want to do.

How big of a hassle would it be to do the FSBO thing?  I know I would save a bundle.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#1]
How hot is your market?

How does your house compare to others in the neighborhood? Better, worse, larger, smaller, etc.

Selling yourself is not difficult but you will be way ahead if you can get it on the MLS.

ETA: How much time do you have to devote to it? How available will you be to show the house? Are you willing to put up with the hassles?

If it's a hot market and you have a desirable house, it should move quickly. A soft market and hard to sell house will take time and effort.

Be prepared for realtors calling you to list it if you do FSBO. Be prepared to deal with buyers who may have loan issues.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife is a Realtor, so I have a bit of an interest  I can give you her contact info if you want

But anyway, just kinda watching her, and half paying attention, Lakeland is a reasonably hot market, depending on where your house falls pricewise.  It will probably be somewhat in value, especially since the schools spun off for the suburbs.   A lot of folks are looking to get their kids out of the rebranded Memphis city schools.  And to touch on the point right above, you have to very carefully watch the prospective buyers credit, that seems to be the biggest issue in the purchase around here and many fall apart.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]
sell it yourself. save the 6% or whatever it is. we've sold three houses our selves and saved a ton of money. now you get to do all the work in promoting it and deal with some of the idiots who you know darn well they cannot afford your house. just be upfront and ask them to produce a pre qualified loan document.

also remember we are starting to go into the slower time of year to purchase a home. if you are willing to do the work you get the rewards as well!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Be sure to run everything by a real estate lawyer.    That should only cost you around two hundred....last time I checked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top