BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you to everyone that came.

It was great meeting capbyrd, and always good to see and hang out with such a great group of friends.

We won't wait two years for the next gathering.

We will probably do an ARFCOM movie date in January when the new American Sniper movie about Chris Kyle comes out.

American Sniper - movie trailer on youtube

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you to everyone that came.

It was great meeting capbyrd, and always good to see and hang out with such a great group of friends.

We won't wait two years for the next gathering.

We will probably do an ARFCOM movie date in January when the new American Sniper movie about Chris Kyle comes out.

American Sniper - movie trailer on youtube

View Quote

Well ya know, FURY opens next Friday the 17th.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2713180/

ETA:

"Fury marks the first time a genuine Tiger I tank has been used in the production of a WWII film. Fury features "Tiger 131" from the UK's Bovington Tank Museum, the only fully functioning Tiger tank in the world."

I would see it just for this....
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How many showed up?
View Quote

12 I think.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
HermanSnerd

USMC_LB

Little Herman

inzane123

gotigers

capbyrd

HKOVERKILL

BandM

BandM's Dad (Forgive me, I don't remember if he has a screen name...)

Observer (I KNOW, RIGHT??!!)

Mrs. Observer (not a screen name)

Observer Jr. (not a screen name)

?

Did I forget anybody.....?

Probably did, I'm old..... sorry.

Good beer, even better fellowship.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It was great meeting capbyrd
View Quote

Likewise.  And it won't let me send all the info that I have on Dark Angel because its too long.  But its all on their site anyways.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Likewise.  And it won't let me send all the info that I have on Dark Angel because its too long.  But its all on their site anyways.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was great meeting capbyrd

HIJACK ALERT

I looked at Dark Angel's site the other day and re-read the requirements and details.

Basically we need 15 warm bodies and a place to hold the class.

I can take care of the hotel conference room that will fit Dark Angel's requirements and it would only add about $5-10 dollars to each attendee's price.

The person that organizes this get's his tuition taken care of.

Do you want to organize and run this so you get the free one?

I have done a couple of classes through arfcom and you definitely earn the freebie!

Keeping track of the head count, being the contact person for all prospective students, and the trainers, keeping a list of who has paid,
and staying on top of the thread can be like herding cats.

If you want to run this thing, be my guest.

If not, I'll do it.

Let me know and we can start a new thread.

/Hijack Mode Off

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't mind either way.  When I originally looked into it, I was all about the freebie.  But I also understand the amount of work that goes into this.  As long as I can rely on you for the venue, I can definitely head it up.  That was my one big concern before.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't mind either way.  When I originally looked into it, I was all about the freebie.  But I also understand the amount of work that goes into this.  As long as I can rely on you for the venue, I can definitely head it up.  That was my one big concern before.
View Quote

Venue is no problem and I will be glad to help in any way I can.

Whenever you want to start a new thread, I will make sure all of the guys here that have trained together before get the word about it.

Looking forward to it and thanks for suggesting it the other day!

Snerd

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Since you were in Dallas, we will excuse your absence.  We really don't want to catch the ebola.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry I didn't make it.  My flight didn't leave DFW until almost midnight due to the storm, and I didn't get home until 3.  I'm battling jet lag.
There were a bunch of people in the airport trying to get to Oxford for game day.  I was lucky and actually had a ticket on the last flight out.

Thank God I have yet another vacation this week.

Since you were in Dallas, we will excuse your absence.  We really don't want to catch the ebola.  

Some kid in the airport hurled on the floor right in front of me while we were waiting  
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't mind heading it up as well.  Just let me know.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capbyrd is going to head this one up, and I have us a good deal on a hotel conference room secured.

He is going to start a new thread, but I think we are going to shoot for the class to be held in summer 2015
so we can all get through the holidays before the class fee is due.

Should be awesome. You get a great trauma kit with the class, and it requires no additional gear or ammo, so compared to what I spent to get geared up for Ronin, this one will be dirt cheap!

I am looking forward to it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Some kid in the airport hurled on the floor right in front of me while we were waiting  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry I didn't make it.  My flight didn't leave DFW until almost midnight due to the storm, and I didn't get home until 3.  I'm battling jet lag.
There were a bunch of people in the airport trying to get to Oxford for game day.  I was lucky and actually had a ticket on the last flight out.

I am sorry to say this, but you definitely have the Ebola now.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top