Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2014 10:30:26 PM EDT
Anyone going to the home opener this weekend?

I can't wait to see how coach Jones does with this young team. I think I heard him say they could play as many as  29-30 true freshmen on Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:11:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a couple of buddies heading that way this weekend. All I could say was who is Utah State?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a couple of buddies heading that way this weekend. All I could say was who is Utah State?
View Quote

A team that the Vols don't need to look past.  

The Vols should win, of course, but Utah State wasn't too shabby last year.  Of their five loses, only two were by more than 7 points (BYU by 17 and Boise St. by 11).  They also beat a good Northern Illinois team in the Poinsettia Bowl last year.

If Worley can hit his targets our young receiving corp will be the biggest difference.  Utah State replaced nearly all (if not all of their secondary) this year and the average height of their secondary is 5'11" compared to an average height of 6'4" for our receivers.

It will be interesting to see how our O/L and D/L does after returning no starters in those positions.

If Worley and our receivers have a hard time connecting, it will be a stressful game in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A team that the Vols don't need to look past.  ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A team that the Vols don't need to look past.  ...

The Voles should never look past much of anybody, lots of bizarre upsets -- "what is a Rutgers" always comes to mind.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Q: What does the Tennessee Football Program and a sand castle have in common??
A: They both look real good, then the TIDE ROLLS IN!!!

Q: How do you get a Tennessee Football Fan to stop beating his wife???
A: Dress her in Crimson!!!

Q: What do you call 32 Tennesse women in one room?
A: A full set of teeth!

Q: Why do the Tennessee Vol fans wear orange and white?
A: They can wear it to the game on Saturday...They can wear it when they go hunting on Sunday...and they can wear it to work on Monday when they're picking up garbage at the roadside!

Q: What do Tennessee fans call I-59,I-24,I-75,I-40 from Birmingham to Knoxville?
A: The trail of Tears.

Name a favorite Tennessee whiskey: Jack Daniels
Now, Name a favorite Tennessee WINE: 'WE CAN'T NEVER BEAT BAMA!"

A man walked up to a couple of college students, one with an Awbun shirt on, and the other one with a UT shirt on. The man asked the Awbun student what "Auburn" stood for. The student replied, "Alabama Usually Beats Us Red Necks." The man looked over at the UT student and he could tell the student wanted to put in his 2 cents, so he asked the UT student what UT stood for. The UT student replied, "Us Too!"

Did you hear about the 2 men captured in Iraq? They ended up being football fans. One was a Bama fan and the other was a vols fan. They were about to be executed, and they asked for any last requests. The vols fan said he sure would like to hear rocky top just one last time. They decided that would be ok. And then they asked the Bama fan for his. He asked to be shot first before they played it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be heading up for the opener. That last joke was pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Not going to the opener as I just had shoulder surgery, but I'm going to at least be up for the UF game. Hopefully a couple of others depending on how our harvest goes.

Jalen Hurd is the future. Wait and see how well he plays. He's 6'3 235 and he runs a legit laser times 4.4. He's a beast. There are 2 freshmen starting at TE & DE and this is the first time in our history that that's happened. The fUTure is bright, and Butch will get it done.  Gonna be bumps and bruises along the way, but UT will be back on top. Soon.

Bodybagger- BUCK FAMA!!

I know imherdad will be along shortly so the same thing for the Gaytors!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Clearly you seemed to have forgotten the DuBois & Shula years when UT rolled Bama something like 9 years in a row.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Tennessee is very young and is only gonna get better as the year goes
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Played ok but nothing like they need to, IMO. OK is gonna win by 4-5 TD's, IMO.

Utah State was clearly intimidated by the crowd/stadium, certainly not the first team to have done so.

Certainly the tackling is light years better than past UT teams. No more ole` tackles.

O-line was a huge disappointment & is certainly their weak point, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Definitely a better team than the past few years.  We'll see once they play a real competitor what they are made of.  The Titans still suck though
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Q: What does the Tennessee Football Program and a sand castle have in common??
A: They both look real good, then the TIDE ROLLS IN!!!

Q: How do you get a Tennessee Football Fan to stop beating his wife???
A: Dress her in Crimson!!!

Q: What do you call 32 Tennesse women in one room?
A: A full set of teeth!

Q: Why do the Tennessee Vol fans wear orange and white?
A: They can wear it to the game on Saturday...They can wear it when they go hunting on Sunday...and they can wear it to work on Monday when they're picking up garbage at the roadside!

Q: What do Tennessee fans call I-59,I-24,I-75,I-40 from Birmingham to Knoxville?
A: The trail of Tears.

Name a favorite Tennessee whiskey: Jack Daniels

A man walked up to a couple of college students, one with an Awbun shirt on, and the other one with a UT shirt on. The man asked the Awbun student what "Auburn" stood for. The student replied, "Alabama Usually Beats Us Red Necks." The man looked over at the UT student and he could tell the student wanted to put in his 2 cents, so he asked the UT student what UT stood for. The UT student replied, "Us Too!"

Did you hear about the 2 men captured in Iraq? They ended up being football fans. One was a Bama fan and the other was a vols fan. They were about to be executed, and they asked for any last requests. The vols fan said he sure would like to hear rocky top just one last time. They decided that would be ok. And then they asked the Bama fan for his. He asked to be shot first before they played it.
View Quote

Bodybagger I just want to say that I too appreciate the fine state of Alabama.  You have to love a state where if you and your wife get a divorce you still get to be cousins.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't always fuck my cousin, but when I do I yell roll tide.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Didn't watch the game today due to working the gun show. Clearly Ark State won't be in the same universe as OK next week...............

How about those Vandy Dores, eh?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Didn't watch the game today due to working the gun show. Clearly Ark State won't be in the same universe as OK next week...............

How about those Vandy Dores, eh?  
View Quote

Yup OU is going to be tough. It sucks Von Pearson got hurt and won't be playing next week.

A.J. Johnson is looking like a beast so far this year, might be the young guys around him, but still he is everywhere.

Speaking of Vandy, I read this today. Haha
He mad
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Speaking of Vandy, I read this today. Haha
He mad
View Quote

Funny. VU hasn't sucked this badly since the Dowhower days. Worst coaching pick since Ears Whitworth at Bama, IMO. Fucking guy hasn't got a clue & his skin color is the only reason he got the VU job, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone watch the Michigan/ND game??? It was a real nailbiter!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was working, from the looks of things most games were blowouts.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Michigan will be getting a new coach before long, IMO.

VA Tech damn sure took THE OSU (I hate that shit!) to the woodshed.  

MTSU woulda/coulda/shoulda beat Minn, IMO.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#21]
mighty quiet up on the hill this afternoon. 10 in a row!

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Tennessee may have lost but so did Bama. In honor of that, I give you this.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hardly. You giving odds on Mustang lasting beyond this season?  

Certainly UT is another recruiting class away from beating the Big Boys. Florida is losing a lot of recruiting battles to other schools that they used to win.

Lastly, before Galen Hall got to Florida in the mid 1980s, Florida couldn't beat the Little Sisters of the Poor. Not to mention Florida had to later vacate many of Hall's wins due to rampant cheating. So enjoy it while you can, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plenty of housing available down there, wear it out.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Florida is on the way out with a little prick like Muschamp and FSU's resurgence. UT is a couple of good OL away from being 5-1 right now. We will be back, and the streak will be reversed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Florida is on the way out with a little prick like Muschamp and FSU's resurgence. UT is a couple of good OL away from being 5-1 right now. We will be back, and the streak will be reversed.
View Quote

This,  I want them to keep MusCHUMP he is taking them the direction Dooley took us so the longer he hangs on the better.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This,  I want them to keep MusCHUMP he is taking them the direction Dooley took us so the longer he hangs on the better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd love to get rid of ole Muschamp but let's be honest, you haven't beaten him yet. I wouldn't lose sleep if he were to get the boot and I was hoping that the vols would beat him this year to make it go faster.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top