View Quote

Attack of the swamp ass
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hope my balls dry out by then.
View Quote

You don't want them freezing to the ground....ouch.

Edit: post 556 and all...

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Snow > heat

View Quote

Heard that!  I'm game for a late fall - early spring redo.  If we can convince CrazyHarry to have us back.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Y'all forget to bring a camera???

Where are the pics?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where are the pics?
View Quote

It was too fucking hot to take pictures. I think my lens melted.

A winter shoot sounds like fun. Depending on what the property owner allows, we may be able to bring heaters and/or have a nice campfire behind the firing line for warming up. Camp stoves, hot chocolate and hot coffee. Good times to be had.

I'm not spending a day outside again in 90F+ weather shooting unless someone else starts it by shooting at me first.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where are the pics?
View Quote

I took close to 3 pictures
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm definitely in for the next one. I had to miss this one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A winter shoot sounds like fun. Depending on what the property owner allows, we may be able to bring heaters and/or have a nice campfire behind the firing line for warming up. Camp stoves, hot chocolate and hot coffee. Good times to be had.

I'm not spending a day outside again in 90F+ weather shooting unless someone else starts it by shooting at me first.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are the pics?

That can be arranged....

I'm glad y'all had fun despite the heat. I think too much of my precious bodily fluids to go around pouring them all over Putnam County, though, and this is why I had to sit this one out. That, and my new-ish SOCOM 16 is enroute back to me from Springfield Armory.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That can be arranged....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not spending a day outside again in 90F+ weather shooting unless someone else starts it by shooting at me first.[/span][/span]

That can be arranged....

Not likely to happen. I don't go to Memphis in the summertime.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are the pics?

It wasn't that damn hot, of course ya'll are gonna bitch about the cold too
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are the pics?

At one point I was concerned you might drown in your own sweat
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are the pics?

It was a close call for sure, I had to keep my chin up and away from my body the whole time . Deciding between a couple different BHP's and Geissele triggers right now. Just when I had my budget under control
ETA: Ask me sometime how I got heat rash from the top of my neck all the way down to the back of my thighs
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#14]
a snow shoot would be awesome
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#15]
A bunch of middle-aged Wolverines...

I'm in.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]
some details would be nice.. Ive no idea where yall do this at.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
some details would be nice.. Ive no idea where yall do this at.
View Quote

Cost: $100
What it covers: Insurance for the event (most expensive part), water, targets, lunch (which is always delicious), t-shirt
When: Date to be determined
Where: Cookeville, TN area (exact location provided to attendees)

Range Distance: 200 yards - >1000 yards. Most of the time is spent at 200 - 250 yards.

Target types: Steel. Paper is available if that suits you, but the rest of us will be blasting steel.

Calibers allowed: 22LR through 50 BMG. And 37MM. If you have a DD, you will have many new friends.

Ammo types allowed: On sacrificial steel - anything goes. Steel core. AP. API. APIT. Mk211 Mod0. Whatever floats your boat or entertains the rest of us. Some steel onsite will be clearly marked as off limits to anything other than lead core ball ammunition. Everything is color coded, and if you are color blind we'll figure something out. Don't shoot the expensive pieces of steel with rounds that will destroy them.

Schedule:
0800 - Safety Briefing
0830 - Head to range(s)
0900 - 1200 - Shoot shit and shoot the shit
1200 - 1300 - Eat too much BBQ
1300 - 1700 - Shoot shit and shoot the shit

Contacts: If you have questions, post them here or IM Finslayer83 or me (Undefined). Our local POC and the person you will end up sending checks to is Crazy_Harry.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Question for Crazy Harry open to opinions from others -- If we get SOLID COMMITMENTS possibly based on partial pre-pays, could the price per head come down?  I really do understand the ins and outs, and there's no way I would host without insurance and the related cost that brings, but just speaking for myself the price is prohibitive considering a 1 day shoot matches my yearly range fees elsewhere.

The backend of that could be a headache, but I'm thinking of something like (hypothetical numbers here) It will cost $1500 - so  "if 20 people prepay $50, the price per comes down to $75 total", "If 30 people prepay $50, then $50 is the price per".  Just a thought. It may make for a bigger turnout and ease the price for everyone.

No freeloading - I picked up a few steel plates and hangers that I could bring, suitable for pistol plinking if people are interested in doing so (.25" ar500 )
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I need a date before committing. Hockey starts up this week and as much as I have invested in it I can't miss. Also, what's the limits on size of toy?  I'm trying to work a deal on a towed pea shooter that uses a can of Goex per pop.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I would love to get to this one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm in this time!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#23]
$100 is the cheapest part of the day for me

If its what it cost to do it, fine with me - the land is great.

I have no objections to it being cheaper either.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#24]
sounds fun..

my deterrent is the ranges.. I shoot pistol and shotgun a lot, my 7.62x51 and 5.56 I could fire but 200 yards a bit much for pistol and slugs

plus can we use skeet?

if we can shoot skeet as well then I know I can get at least 5 other committed.. possibly 10+ if it wasnt 100 per head.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
sounds fun..

my deterrent is the ranges.. I shoot pistol and shotgun a lot, my 7.62x51 and 5.56 I could fire but 200 yards a bit much for pistol and slugs

plus can we use skeet?

if we can shoot skeet as well then I know I can get at least 5 other committed.. possibly 10+ if it wasnt 100 per head.
View Quote

Don't think Skeet will be allowed - this is an active farm and cows might eat clays
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#26]
If the masa range is up and running I will be there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I need a date before committing. Hockey starts up this week and as much as I have invested in it I can't miss. Also, what's the limits on size of toy? I'm trying to work a deal on a towed pea shooter that uses a can of Goex per pop.
View Quote

I vote that we find a date that works for Mike, based strongly on the bold section of his post.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I vote that we find a date that works for Mike, based strongly on the bold section of his post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need a date before committing. Hockey starts up this week and as much as I have invested in it I can't miss. Also, what's the limits on size of toy? I'm trying to work a deal on a towed pea shooter that uses a can of Goex per pop.

Key word is trying. The current owner thinks it looks better as a decoration than $$$.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Bowling ball mortar, dude.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Bump.

What month are we thinking? January?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bump.

View Quote

it will be cold enough to prevent Ebola from spreading, works for me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bump.

I should have enough "medicine" to kill Ebola as well.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Are there ever any smaller-scale hometown shoots that don't cost $100? I would definitely love to come, as I can only shoot out to 200m on my land and I want to push out farther, but I can't pull off $100. College sucks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are there ever any smaller-scale hometown shoots that don't cost $100? I would definitely love to come, as I can only shoot out to 200m on my land and I want to push out farther, but I can't pull off $100. College sucks.
View Quote

I'm down for a 200m shoot at your place
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've actually thought this through before.

My family has 80 acres in Vonore, but only the first 200m or so is open and good for shooting on--the rest is heavily wooded, but there are distinct trails for walking or driving a small vehicle.

I really want to take some 4 wheelers through it and do some sort of mobile 3-gun course through the trails. Either shoot from a vehicle or hop off at stages and shoot them as they come. It's also on the lake, so I could find a way to incorporate the water too. Make our own Tennessee version of cola warrior
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where do you live?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Where do you live?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do you live?

Maryville
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:22:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Maryville
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do you live?

Maryville

If the dates line up for me and I'm going, I'll pay your way if you can get yourself there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If the dates line up for me and I'm going, I'll pay your way if you can get yourself there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do you live?

Maryville

this is outstanding.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do you live?

Maryville

If that ends up working out, then I will certainly owe you something. Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My family has 80 acres in Vonore, but only the first 200m or so is open and good for shooting on--the rest is heavily wooded, but there are distinct trails for walking or driving a small vehicle.

I really want to take some 4 wheelers through it and do some sort of mobile 3-gun course through the trails. Either shoot from a vehicle or hop off at stages and shoot them as they come. It's also on the lake, so I could find a way to incorporate the water too. Make our own Tennessee version of cola warrior
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cola Warrior Tennessee? In Maryville?

Count me in! What can I do to help?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in Maryville, but it would be at my family's land in Vonore...about 25 minutes south of Maryville.

At this point, it would be early in the planning stage. I need to get out there with a friend soon when the trees are bare and we can see better, and start planning out how it would be shot. I definitely think it has potential though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If that ends up working out, then I will certainly owe you something. Thank you!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do you live?

Maryville

Any time bud, don't feel like you owe me anything.  I was once a college kid.  Just pay it forward when you have your own career and success
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Im so in as #3 for Cola Warrior TN.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I live in Maryville, but it would be at my family's land in Vonore...about 25 minutes south of Maryville.
At this point, it would be early in the planning stage. I need to get out there with a friend soon when the trees are bare and we can see better, and start planning out how it would be shot. I definitely think it has potential though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live 15 minutes away. Ill be that friend. ME ME ME ME!!!!

I boat on Tellico, I am there every weekend during the summer.

Cola War, with a boating part. Ummm lets get the ball rolling.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I live 15 minutes away. Ill be that friend. ME ME ME ME!!!!   I boat on Tellico, I am there every weekend during the summer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live 15 minutes away. Ill be that friend. ME ME ME ME!!!!   I boat on Tellico, I am there every weekend during the summer.

<------ Mastercraft family

Our boat is dry docked at Tellico Marina.

I'll let you know probably this winter or at least in a month or so when we go out there. I have a friend from school that is out there all the time with me shooting, so the 3 of us can all get together and brainstorm some ideas on what would work, what would be fun, what would be dangerous/bad ideas, etc.

Although I've never been to a real Cola Warrior before, so I don't know exactly what I'm doing, but I bet I could still set up a fun run & gun course. Run, shoot, drink, shoot, eat...sounds easy enough to put together.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

<------ Mastercraft family

Our boat is dry docked at Tellico Marina.

I'll let you know probably this winter or at least in a month or so when we go out there. I have a friend from school that is out there all the time with me shooting, so the 3 of us can all get together and brainstorm some ideas on what would work, what would be fun, what would be dangerous/bad ideas, etc.

Although I've never been to a real Cola Warrior before, so I don't know exactly what I'm doing, but I bet I could still set up a fun run & gun course. Run, shoot, drink, shoot, eat...sounds easy enough to put together.

View Quote
BOOOOO!!

Bryant guy here  

Yup send me a PM and let me know.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#49]
When will be pick a date out?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top