Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2014 4:12:54 PM EDT
people ask me why I am retiring to the great state of Tennessee. here is one reason why: COMMON SENSE, TRADITION, HERITAGE, and COURAGE.

String of Same Sex Favorable "Marriages" Court Rulings Now Broken

For the first time in nearly fourteen months, a state’s ban on same-sex marriage has withstood a constitutional challenge in court.  A state judge in Tennessee ruled last week that “neither the Federal Government nor another state should be allowed to dictate to Tennessee what has traditionally been a state’s responsibility.”
View Quote

Thank Heaven at least one state still has common sense and tradition.

Thank you Tennessee and Judge Simmons.

The oldest written references to marriage only between a man and a woman are about 3,500 years old....now, we are told by the sodomite crowd that we've had it all wrong these past few millennia. I THINK NOT!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you call them sodomites, can I call you "almost dead guy"?

Being in favor of states' rights is one thing, but bigotry toward a viewpoint that affects you literally nil aside from the fact that it offends your sensibilities is another.
View Quote
but, but he feels....
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Friend--you can call me anything you like--please feel free to do so.

In my opinion, which I am entitled to, their practices are four-square with a town destroyed by God for the same practices "celebrated" today as their "marriage." That's not me talking, that's God talking. That's the term used in courts of law as well.

Personal freedom? I think not. Here's what usually goes down in those states where civil unions of same sex couples are allowed. The vast majority of these "partners' are not faithful to each other. They have many sex partners outside their alleged "marriages." Their peculiar sex practices inevitably lead to diseases such as HIV and AIDS. In short, if you promote their "freedom," you may well promote them to an early grave. And let's be honest--who picks up the health care tab for a lot of these sexually transmitted diseases? The U.S. taxpayer, that's who. The taxpayer has no say where MedicAid funds go.

Look at it this way; someone you know is a confirmed alcoholic. It is a terrible disease which will destroy their bodies, health, and future. So what do you do? "Celebrate" their "freedom" to drink to excess and take them out drinking each night? Celebrate the fact they engage in self-destructive behavior? Drinking alcohol to excess will destroy them. This is not freedom, but flat out free license to do anything.

Freedom is an equation. The other side =Responsibilities. I see very little responsibilities in the "gay" marriage scene.

Why am I forced to have a historical institution, such as marriage, the only tried-and-true method of raising a family and promoting future generations, degraded by calling the union of two same-sex people as a "marriage?" It boggles my mind.

By recognizing, legalizing, or equating the union of two people of the same sex as a "marriage," you are actually complicit in all the problems, evils, and health issues attending this bizarre twisting of language and a time-tested institution: marriage.  

It's often said: "Your freedom ends where my nose begins." Let me alter that one: "Your freedom ends when my wallet gets picked for the costs of others' unnatural practices and their consequences."

Thanks for the dialogue!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In my opinion, which I am entitled to....
View Quote

That and a buck will get you a cuppa coffee (in a few places still anyway).

The fact is though, now that the Fed, as per the Supremes,  has recognized same sex marriage for federal benefits, universal recognition and then universal issuance of same-sex unions will eventually be the law of the land. And the states won't have any real option short of the one in 1861.

"Marriage" is just a legal euphemism used by government for legal unions -- you may see it as "religious" or even "Christian", but neither the state nor the fed agrees. I suppose eventually the statues might be changed to use "union" or some such instead of "marriage" if that makes some folks feel better about the differences in connotation they perceive. However, a "marriage", just like now,  will still require a secular license if you want equal treatment for it under the law.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's the real question. Why is government (local, state, federal) even concerned with marriage$ oops I mean ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here's the real question. Why is government (local, state, federal) even concerned with marriage$ oops I mean ?
View Quote

Because the states have been since before we were a nation, for matters of property, inheritance, etc.

Because the federal government has ever since the first Revolutionary War pensions, which included compensation to widows.

- OS
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Just an unfortunate sign of the times - we are weakening and falling apart as a people and country. History shows that it happens in every culture. The righteous God fearing folks who started this country were far from perfect - but were of much better stock than the trash in this country now days....it will continue as we move farther from God. Will we, some day, return to our values? Nobody knows. Much like the alcoholic or drug addict who 'knows' he has it all under control - he is educated - he has money - he has it all figured out....until he hits bottom - you can't convince him he is on a path towards destruction....and even if he realizes his future - he won't bend his knee and change his ways - until he has to - or dies.

Prayer and activism are the only answers.....don't rely on the Supremes and the 'modern' mentality - they will fail us.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Now I will agree with you that our society is trending badly- but homosexuality is not the cause, nor is it the historical cause of most civilizations in the last 2000 or so years since the beginnings of Christianity. Our society is trending downward because a lot of people would rather do for themselves than others and think their viewpoints are THE way.

And you are right- there is no way we can rely on the Supremes. They haven't recorded anything since the '70s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an unfortunate sign of the times - we are weakening and falling apart as a people and country. History shows that it happens in every culture. The righteous God fearing folks who started this country were far from perfect - but were of much better stock than the trash in this country now days....it will continue as we move farther from God. Will we, some day, return to our values? Nobody knows. Much like the alcoholic or drug addict who 'knows' he has it all under control - he is educated - he has money - he has it all figured out....until he hits bottom - you can't convince him he is on a path towards destruction....and even if he realizes his future - he won't bend his knee and change his ways - until he has to - or dies.

Prayer and activism are the only answers.....don't rely on the Supremes and the 'modern' mentality - they will fail us.

Now I will agree with you that our society is trending badly- but homosexuality is not the cause, nor is it the historical cause of most civilizations in the last 2000 or so years since the beginnings of Christianity. Our society is trending downward because a lot of people would rather do for themselves than others and think their viewpoints are THE way.

And you are right- there is no way we can rely on the Supremes. They haven't recorded anything since the '70s.

Nowhere did I claim homo's were the cause of anything. Our acceptance of it is the problem. We accept single mother's with 3 different baby daddy's. We accept 20 year gaps between the murder conviction and the punishment. We accept getting to the top by any means necessary. We accept liars, cheats and perverts as our political leaders and judges. Homo's have been around as long as alcoholics, rapists, murderers, cheating spouses. etc....It is our acceptance of these things that has changed - for the worse.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So your preference would be they all be put in camps? Thrown off of cliffs? Force anyone different out of town to fend for themselves?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nowhere did I claim homo's were the cause of anything. Our acceptance of it is the problem. We accept single mother's with 3 different baby daddy's. We accept 20 year gaps between the murder conviction and the punishment. We accept getting to the top by any means necessary. We accept liars, cheats and perverts as our political leaders and judges. Homo's have been around as long as alcoholics, rapists, murderers, cheating spouses. etc....It is our acceptance of these things that has changed - for the worse.

So your preference would be they all be put in camps? Thrown off of cliffs? Force anyone different out of town to fend for themselves?

Camps? - No, that would get expensive to operate. Cliffs? No, someone owns that land at the bottom of the cliff, why should they get stuck with that mess? Forced out of town? No, that just pushes them to a different town. How about we handle it like illegal immigrants? We don't have to track them down or force them to do anything - just don't give them anything. This just promotes it and makes it worse. A certain percentage of the population is probably gay. After all, who are we to decide that a marriage is between a man and a woman? Why not 2 men and a women? Or 3 men and a Chi Wawa? Who gets to tell other folks what to do?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You and that other one, apparently.
View Quote

No doubt.

Geez, what a self-righteous bunch...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:46:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That is largely my view as well- "marriage" is largely a religious term, recognized by the state, though a religious institution is not necessary to have a marriage performed. If a religious institution DOES recognized same sex marriage and will perform the ceremony, etc, then what another person of another religion thinks about that is irrelevant to legality. One can disagree and opine about the destruction of society all one wants. That is their right, and really, just their opinion.

The secular licensing, as mentioned, is a whole other thing and in my view should be granted barring any other restriction as the state should be free from religious inclination.
View Quote

While I agree with the basis of your point, I take it the other way and see no reason for any State or Federal government to oversee marriage.    

Gay marriage is not currently "illegal" - that is, some states may not honor a gay marriage, but if you get married in a state that does you will not be arrested in other states for it.  Currently, polygamy IS illegal (the way I understand it). You can be arrested, physically detained and charged with bigamy for marrying two women.   Says who? Looking at it from that angle, the idea of a government agency allowing, approving, or ignoring certain marriages while criminalizing others is dumb as a football bat.

Want to marry a dude and 3 women? Your funeral pal.  Doesn't affect me.  Just don't sue me into baking your 4 wedding cakes and having the shindig at my business/home/church - that's my main gripe with this whole mess.

Anyway, that's my opinion and it's worth exactly what I charged for it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
While I agree with the basis of your point, I take it the other way and see no reason for any State or Federal government to oversee marriage.    ...
View Quote

Yup, but might as well argue that the gummit should get out of firearm regulation and taxation and hundreds of other issues too, for all the good that will do.

The fact is that married couples have gotten various rights and benefits that unmarried couples have not since we became a nation. So the same-sex union issue will eventually be decided on the basis of discrimination and equal protection principles that deny access to the "liberty and pursuit of happiness" thang.

It's already a done deal on the federal level -- the only question is if (I'd opine when), that is incorporated to the states as a mandate.

- OS

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#22]
LOL. OP thought all of TN shares his bigotry. What about the klan? should women be allowed to vote? what else are you assuming about our state's populous?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Stay the fuck in Ohio.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We are not friends, though you call me that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In my opinion, which I am entitled to, their practices are four-square with a town destroyed by God for the same practices "celebrated" today as their "marriage." That's not me talking, that's God talking. That's the term used in courts of law as well.

We are not friends, though you call me that.

I'm not your friend, buddy...

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Hank, you're awesome.....no homo of course
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I for one think the state should recognize prison-wives and play-wives as any other marriage.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Trying to get the vid to show from ironhandjohn...

no go

ETA2:

http://youtu.be/zuQK6t2Esng

View Quote

How'd you do that?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hank, you're awesome.....no homo of course
View Quote

Get a room!!!!

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Personal freedom? I think not. Here's what usually goes down in those states where civil unions of same sex couples are allowed. The vast majority of these "partners' are not faithful to each other. They have many sex partners outside their alleged "marriages." Their peculiar sex practices inevitably lead to diseases such as HIV and AIDS. In short, if you promote their "freedom," you may well promote them to an early grave. And let's be honest--who picks up the health care tab for a lot of these sexually transmitted diseases? The U.S. taxpayer, that's who. The taxpayer has no say where MedicAid funds go.

Look at it this way; someone you know is a confirmed alcoholic. It is a terrible disease which will destroy their bodies, health, and future. So what do you do? "Celebrate" their "freedom" to drink to excess and take them out drinking each night? Celebrate the fact they engage in self-destructive behavior? Drinking alcohol to excess will destroy them. This is not freedom, but flat out free license to do anything.

Freedom is an equation. The other side =Responsibilities. I see very little responsibilities in the "gay" marriage scene.

Why am I forced to have a historical institution, such as marriage, the only tried-and-true method of raising a family and promoting future generations, degraded by calling the union of two same-sex people as a "marriage?" It boggles my mind.

By recognizing, legalizing, or equating the union of two people of the same sex as a "marriage," you are actually complicit in all the problems, evils, and health issues attending this bizarre twisting of language and a time-tested institution: marriage.  

It's often said: "Your freedom ends where my nose begins." Let me alter that one: "Your freedom ends when my wallet gets picked for the costs of others' unnatural practices and their consequences."

Thanks for the dialogue!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for the dialogue!

Please stay in OH and the other dude can stay in FL. We have enough people like ya'll here without importing more. Of all the problems we have in our country today basically open borders, overbearing out of control government, fiscal policy apparently run by toddlers, Obamacare and the various and sundry other abuses of our constitutional rights, etc etc etc. Gays getting married is the issue you pick to get your panties in a twist over .
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#34]
So some of us are telling a guy from FL and OH to stay out due to their views/ beliefs? On the basis that they don't correspond with some others views/ beliefs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
To be fair, one of them.is a Yankee.

View Quote

FL is a part of NY that broke off and floated down the east coast.  It's only in the south because that's where it washed up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So some of us are telling a guy from FL and OH to stay out due to their views/ beliefs? On the basis that they don't correspond with some others views/ beliefs.
View Quote

No one told me to stay out, but I'm pro freedom
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To be fair, one of them.is a Yankee.

View Quote

Now that's a reason to tell people to stay out...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Please stay in OH and the other dude can stay in FL. We have enough people like ya'll here without importing more. Of all the problems we have in our country today basically open borders, overbearing out of control government, fiscal policy apparently run by toddlers, Obamacare and the various and sundry other abuses of our constitutional rights, etc etc etc. Gays getting married is the issue you pick to get your panties in a twist over .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the dialogue!

I'm guessing that I am 'the guy from Fl.'? I will go and do as I please - like it or not. I will also express myself as I see fit - and yes I have received the nasty grams from the over lords before..........Please remember that is what makes our country strong. That and getting rid of folks like you.........
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm guessing that I am 'the guy from Fl.'? I will go and do as I please - like it or not. I will also express myself as I see fit - and yes I have received the nasty grams from the over lords before..........Please remember that is what makes our country strong. That and getting rid of folks like you.........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the dialogue!

How Christian of you...

Heaven's going to be a lonely place, what with you being the only one there.  People like you are the reason why I have written off religion, And Christianity in particular, as a bunch of BS. Judgmental bigotry wrapped in promises of Paradise... No thanks.

Please stay in Florida, troll, you are unwelcome in Nashville.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How Christian of you...

Heaven's going to be a lonely place, what with you being the only one there.  People like you are the reason why I have written off religion, And Christianity in particular, as a bunch of BS. Judgmental bigotry wrapped in promises of Paradise... No thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the dialogue!

How Christian of you...

Maybe the was not big enough? If the water around Nashville caused your problems - maybe I'll stick to the other end on Tn? Don't worry about heaven - God is in charge of the rules....you can choose to go or not - nobody can make you. Oh - and thanks for speaking for all of Nashville........

Internet shortcut for you..... these things tend to be used for a reason.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#43]
So what's going on with this whole pizza party thing?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Well I know two people that aren't invited.
View Quote

That's it! I'm going up he basement stairs and telling my mom! She is gonna be mad that you hurt my feelings.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the dialogue!

Yeah that's what makes our country strong but only if it applies to christian heterosexuals. Am I right or am I right!
FYI, I'm a practicing christian, gunowner, and small business owner. I want to be left alone by others and I want to leave others alone in return, and I don't want to legislate my religious values on others through law. Getting rid of folks like me will clearly make this country great again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah that's what makes our country strong but only if it applies to christian heterosexuals. Am I right or am I right!
FYI, I'm a practicing christian, gunowner, and small business owner. I want to be left alone by others and I want to leave others alone in return, and I don't want to legislate my religious values on others through law. Getting rid of folks like me will clearly make this country great again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the dialogue!

Yup - good job. That's exactly the attitude Jesus displayed when he found the crooks in the church area.....oh, wait, he grabbed a whip and dispensed some justice, but that would not be politically correct now days....well - I'll stick with the example Jesus displayed - you can fit into the world if it males you feel better. I choose to not be of the world That's the goal - not to be politically correct - those were the Pharisees....poor choices and all. You have heard of drug store cowboys? They come as Christians as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Trust in Odin LIONS, John.

View Quote

Roma Victor...
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top