Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2014 3:23:12 PM EDT
Guys I have talked to Craig on facebook about the possibility of putting his class on at T1G in Arkansas. It is not a "training" class but a chance to use top gear that most people will never get the chance to use. It's $500 bucks to do it but where else would you get the chance to do something like this with someone who has been there and not have to spend a ton of money to travel to do it?

HERE is a link for the class so you can read about it.

HERE is a link to T1G over in Crawfordsville just the other side of Marion.

I am getting nothing out of this from Craig, I have not asked nor has he offered anything. I would just like to be able to do this locally.

Post up, who would like to do it as well? We would need 15 people minimum to do it.

Answer the poll and post please, I'm going to send Craig a link to this so he can read the replies.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Speaking only for myself, nope. I can go to Knob Creek & shoot the shit out of some rentals for $500. Or I can shoot USPSA matches (and do) to learn how to shoot well under stress, how to clear jams & such.

Never have understood the attraction to these "tactical"  classes...................    
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't see paying $500 for something I get to do for free.  It pays to know the right people.

I am sure some folks will eventually come along that will be interested though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can't see paying $500 for something I get to do for free.  It pays to know the right people.

View Quote

Yep.

I couldn't afford that much anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Speaking only for myself, nope. I can go to Knob Creek & shoot the shit out of some rentals for $500. Or I can shoot USPSA matches (and do) to learn how to shoot well under stress, how to clear jams & such.

Never have understood the attraction to these "tactical"  classes...................    
View Quote

What do you mean you don't understand tactical classes? It's a set of skills that take some actual instruction to be proficient at. Matches are great for testing the skills but folks gotta learn them somewhere.

That said, all classes are not equal. Some are just meant to be fun, like this one seems to be.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What do you mean you don't understand tactical classes? It's a set of skills that take some actual instruction to be proficient at. Matches are great for testing the skills but folks gotta learn them somewhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Go back & re-read it again. I wrote about not understanding the "attraction of these tactical classes."

I knew how to shoot bullseye before I began USPSA, which isn't much help in a USPSA match. I went & watched a couple before I entered, I watched the GOOD shooters a LOT & asked a shitload of questions to the GOOD shooters. All that cost me a whopping $30 match fee each time I went.

That said, all classes are not equal. Some are just meant to be fun, like this one seems to be.

No doubt there. I'd love to go to Clint Smith's classes sometime. However, for $500 *I* sure as hell won't be going for "fun". YMMV.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#7]
5hr drive and $500...I'll pass. If we could shoot shit like ALGL's, minigun's, quad M2's...maybe.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spend 10 or 15 dollars to shoot a USPSA match and you'll get it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Spend 10 or 15 dollars to shoot a USPSA match and you'll get it.
View Quote

Done that for years & my shooting has jumped up tenfold, IMO.

However, our match fees are $25 for club non-members.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#10]
$500 buys a good amount of ammo to gain your own experience through practice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top