Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 2:55:48 AM EDT
Plateau guys in Cookeville & Crossville areas, there's a show coming this weekend to Crossville. Make your plans/excuses to the wife early in order to make it there...........  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing in the gunshow sticky.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing in the gunshow sticky.....
View Quote

Can't help ya there, sir. But The Gun Crew will be there, so there HAS to be a gun show going on, eh?  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Goodman show not exciting enough Reese?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

A) I'm not Reese...............  

B) His grand-parents live in Crossville & he gets to visit, eat granny's cooking & they get to see Reese, Jr. Win-win.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

B) His grand-parents live in Crossville & he gets to visit, eat granny's cooking & they get to see Reese, Jr. Win-win.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you're not Reese, Bob.  I was poking at him as I know he sticks his head in from time to time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:53:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I know you're not Reese, Bob.  I was poking at him as I know he sticks his head in from time to time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you left out "for" in your earlier post then?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the correction, Bob.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the correction, Bob.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Found this on gunownersclub.com

4th Annual Cumberland County Gun & Knife Show August 2-3. Sale hours are Saturday at 9AM-5PM, Sunday 9-4. Over 100 seized weapons to be absolute auctioned by the Cumberland County Sheriff's Department! Handgun Carry Permit classes onsite. Gun Safety classes for young children and women sponsored by the NRA! Thousands of guns and knives for sell or trade! Food, door prizes and more! Come out and enjoy a day with a family atmosphere!
CUMBERLAND COUNTY COMMUNITY COMPLEX, 1398 LIVINGSTON ROAD
CROSSVILLE, TN 38555 (931) 250-1981
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

4th Annual Cumberland County Gun & Knife Show August 2-3. Sale hours are Saturday at 9AM-5PM, Sunday 9-4. Over 100 seized weapons to be absolute auctioned by the Cumberland County Sheriff's Department! Handgun Carry Permit classes onsite. Gun Safety classes for young children and women sponsored by the NRA! Thousands of guns and knives for sell or trade! Food, door prizes and more! Come out and enjoy a day with a family atmosphere!
View Quote

Let me warn y'all about that auction. It won't start until well after the show is closed. They keep all the shit/Fudd guns in the front of the line, keeping the good stuff for the end. Then some snapperhead gets "auction fever" & bids a gun way out of its value range. I almost wonder if some of those bids aren't CCSD plants to drive the prices up?  
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Let me warn y'all about that auction. It won't start until well after the show is closed. They keep all the shit/Fudd guns in the front of the line, keeping the good stuff for the end. Then some snapperhead gets "auction fever" & bids a gun way out of its value range. I almost wonder if some of those bids aren't CCSD plants to drive the prices up?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A shill bidder!  They would never do such a thing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Plateau guys in Cookeville & Crossville areas, there's a show coming this weekend to Crossville. Make your plans/excuses to the wife early in order to make it there...........  
View Quote

if you want to have a lot more fun and see a lot of really really cool guns, then you should attend the PTS match in cookeville this weekend.   you can't shoot it, because it's been sold out for months, but you can come spectate and talk to some of the best shooters in the country.    it's part of the Precision Rifle Series, and is an individual sniper style match.  Most of the shooter will be using custom bolt guns and shooting from field positions and barricades at small targets out to 1100 yards.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

but you can come spectate and talk to some of the best shooters in the country.    
View Quote

I would think those level of shooters wouldn't be prone to chatting with the spectators & would be pretty focused on what they were doing?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#13]
nah, there's plenty of chit chat.  it's not much different than a 3gun match.  You shoot about 15-25 stages.  stages average 2 min or so, so you're looking at about 40 minutes on the clock out from early saturday morning to midafternoon sunday.  plenty of time to relax and talk
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Show is doing well from what I heard today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top