Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2014 5:46:02 PM EDT
Did you survive? Got hairy for bit here but didn't get to much hail.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
In West Knox Farragut area, just brushed us. We got lucky.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Just south of Maryville and not a drop of rain here.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Parents live in Johnson City.  They got hit pretty hard, no damage thankfully.  Friends in Bristol posted small tornado videos on FB.  Crazy stuff.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:03:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty windy here in west Knox. Got a tad bit over 2" of rain. A few trees down as it got pretty windy, but nothing like what they got north of here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Lotta rain and wind, some hail, power out for a dozen hours.
Overall, we were quite fortunate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Was at the tenth degree of hell, dollywood, when it all started. They started shutting rides down so I checked the radar, & knew it was gonna be bad. I sprinted for the car so I could pick up the wife & kids before the SHTF. Had to drive back to gatlinburg in it. Just kept waiting for a tree to fall on me on one of those narrow backroads
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was at the tenth degree of hell, dollywood, when it all started. They started shutting rides down so I checked the radar, & knew it was gonna be bad. I sprinted for the car so I could pick up the wife & kids before the SHTF. Had to drive back to gatlinburg in it. Just kept waiting for a tree to fall on me on one of those narrow backroads
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#8]
JUST now got power back.  First storm missed us by a mile to the east.  Second storm missed us by a mile to the west.  Last storm at midnight hit us directly.  Trees flailing around made it look like somebody shaking a feather duster.  That thunder and lightning was amazing.  Constant.  The thunder was so continuous that, at times, sounded like a jet flying high overhead.  

Just a few limbs in the yard this morning and the power out.  We fared far better.  That house that got struck by lightning was a kid a went to high school with.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
JUST now got power back.  First storm missed us by a mile to the east.  Second storm missed us by a mile to the west.  Last storm at midnight hit us directly.  Trees flailing around made it look like somebody shaking a feather duster.  That thunder and lightning was amazing.  Constant.  The thunder was so continuous that, at times, sounded like a jet flying high overhead.  

Just a few limbs in the yard this morning and the power out.  We fared far better.  That house that got struck by lightning was a kid a went to high school with.  
View Quote

We never lost power in the midnight storm.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In West Knox Farragut area, just brushed us. We got lucky.
View Quote

East of him 10mins (10mins west of downtown)--nothing too major.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:22:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Was at work at 1am when the power went out. Lots of rain.
Power went out at the house in west Knoxville also.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad it worked out for you guys....I was just showing (online) the wife some property in Claiborne County a few days ago......she saw the news reports and gave me one of these
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Glad it worked out for you guys....I was just showing (online) the wife some property in Claiborne County a few days ago......she saw the news reports and gave me one of these
View Quote

To be fair, a tornado in Tennessee, at least one that does damage, is extremely rare.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Truck got a few good sized dings, but nothing more.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#15]
We must have got the edge of the storm.  A BUNCH of lightning and thunder...like someone else said, it was constant.  A little wind too but nothing too bad here right outside of the Tri-Cities.  Other areas got hit pretty good though.  Mother Nature apparently had enough of this neighbor.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

To be fair, a tornado in Tennessee, at least one that does damage, is extremely rare.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not around here. I'm just slightly NE of Chattanooga and we seem to be a magnet for them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's true in the Knoxville area, but not for Tennessee as a whole.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything West of the Cumberlands isn't really Tennessee though, is it?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top