Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2014 5:08:16 AM EDT
Normally don't care for anything named Clinton thanks to Bill but I've got a job opportunity at a company called SL World there. Any info about the company and area would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Clinton is in Anderson county and is the county seat. Oak Ridge is somewhat nearby. Knoxville is close, a bit further than OR.

Fairly rural with the nether regions of Anderson county being very rural.

Do you have school age kids?

Don't know anything about SL World.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I've lived near Clinton most of my life, and my wife has family that live there. It's a nice area and I wouldn't mind living there. East of Clinton you've got Norris Damn state park and the Norris shooting range within about a 20 minute drive. West you've got Oak Ridge and the ORSA gun club within about a 20 minute drive. Heading north I think you could get to Big South Fork national recreation area in about an hour. South you can take I-75 or Clinton Highway and be in Knoxville in about 30 minutes.

So you've got easy access to lots of stuff to do outdoors, and a short drive to a bigger city, while still being in a small town/rural area. If the town is too small for you, you could always live in the Powell area, or even north-west Knoxville, and commute to work.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#3]
A good friend of mine works at Aisin in Clinton, he likes it.  I've visited him several times, seems like a decent town.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Your SN is "AtomicHillbilly" you should fit right in :)

As for Clinton......."Ain't been to Hammers, Ain't been to Clinton!"
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#5]
We were in Clinton just this past weekend. Checked out the Little Ponderosa rescue & zoo.  I petted a baby camel.

like IndianaPwns said, Clinton is relatively close to a lot of stuff while still being rural. I live on the edge of Powell and Clinton is a 20-25 minute drive, so if you're inclined to subdivision life, the commute wouldn't be too bad.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#6]
We've really got to have a get together at Big Ed's one night.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I grew up in Claxton, between Clinton and Powell, it's a very nice area not to far from either. I like the Andersonville/Norris area the best. If you like to camp, hunt and fish you'll love this area. On the other hand Anderson County has been the Meth capital of TN for several years.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I live about 15 minutes outside of Clinton in the Norris / Andersonville area. Clinton area goes all the way to i75  and few miles past on the east end of town . There are two nicer subdivisions within stones throw of the industrial park at the exit of i75. You can live on the river, farmland, subdivisions , and apartments and still be in what is considered Clinton. If you like the lake Norris is also minutes away. Anderson county ranges from middle of nowhere in the mountains to a pretty busy city in oak ridge and everything in between . You are almost sure to find your ideal spot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top