Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 12:26:02 PM EDT
My family and I moved to the state about 3 weeks ago.We moved from miami and boy what a difference.My son wanted to know why we did not move sooner.Besides the up and down weather we are having a great time.My sons shooting skills have improved %100 in onkly 3 weeks,wish i could say the same .I am still looking for places to shoot.I have my inlaws backyard however with the granchildren there almost every weekend its hard to get in "range time".
                         Another problem I am having is finding 5.45x39 locally.Traded in my m9 for a ak74, great rifle but it seems no store carries that ammo.Any info would be appreciated.Anyways great place to live, warm and friendly people oh and almost everyone speaks ENGLISH
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 4:07:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Howdy, where are you?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#3]
We are in Ripley but that may change as I am on the job hunt.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a tip:

Buy allergy medicine for everyone. If you're from out of area you'll soon learn what allergens are in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's a tip:

Buy allergy medicine for everyone. If you're from out of area you'll soon learn what allergens are in Tennessee.
View Quote

Plus 1 on the allergy meds. A Guinness and a Zyrtec a day...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
By the second day  my allergies went nuts. Zyrtec has worked very well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a tip:

Guinness??

You trying to run him off? He just got here...

Murphy's is good for what ails you, boyo.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

What kind of career/job are you looking for?  Lot's of people here would be happy to help.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:21:40 AM EDT
[#9]
How much 5.45 do you need? Do you want commercial or milsurp? Let me know, I'm about 40 mins south of you, but I can meet you in Dyersburg.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#10]
welcome
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What kind of career/job are you looking for?  Lot's of people here would be happy to help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was in retail management but the company I worked for has no locations in TN.To be honest I am ready to try almost any position for now as my families happines is more important than my ego.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:23:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How much 5.45 do you need? Do you want commercial or milsurp? Let me know, I'm about 40 mins south of you, but I can meet you in Dyersburg.
View Quote

I NEED ALL OF THE 5.45.........no I am kidding but enough to function test and sight in . I placed an order for 300rnds from Aim yesterday of the wolf 60gr.Unfortunately the barrel is not chrome lined so I guess I will stay away from milsurp for now.Thank you for the offer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Guinness??

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a tip:

Guinness??

This is Tennessee.  PBR will suffice.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 on PBR
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#15]
+2 on PBR it is also great for beer batter onion rings.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I've got all the 5.45 you need. Wolf, Silver Bear, or milsurp. Let me know if you want some. If it rains, I'm gonna be doing some shooting in Newbern Saturday. I can meet you that day. If it rains. I'm a farmer btw
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey sounds good but i googled Newbern but did not see a range there?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#18]
It's on one of my farms. If I'm not working Saturday, you'd be welcome to come shoot with us. I'm gonna bring a few toys.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's on one of my farms. If I'm not working Saturday, you'd be welcome to come shoot with us. I'm gonna bring a few toys.
View Quote

This right here is one of the reasons that I like this site so much. People like GRATIOFLASH offering to help a stranger for no other reason than a mutual interest. Good man!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
+2 on PBR it is also great for beer batter onion rings.
View Quote

My neighbors always joke about how one minute they see me with a 2x4 of PBR then see me with a Guinness.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

pm sent
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a tip:

And local honey!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And local honey!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a tip:

And local honey!

Not to derail a thread but the "local honey" cure for allergies doesn't work. Wind borne pollen is what causes your allergic reactions such as sneezing, watery eyes, itchy eyes, excessive snot. It is from plants that depend on winds to pollenate their reproduction.

Bee borne pollen isn't what causes that stuff.  Plants that depend on bees to pollinate their reproduction don't put out the massive pollen dump that causes your issues.

Sorry if I killed anyone's unicorn by posting this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:56:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top