Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2014 8:01:06 AM EDT
All the signs are up

Early voting should be going on now. (maybe not unconstitutional, but designed to be corruptible, IMO)

Local talk radio is talking about it, even having candidates debate on the air.

Who are your picks, and why?  Also, where do you go to research your candidates?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't voted yet because I have no idea who to vote for. I'm not sure how to find out anything about most of the candidates. For example we have 3 people running for sheriff of Knox county, all are Republican. None of their websites say much about them. I just want the guy who is the most pro-gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I do extensive research by driving around town and counting signs.  Whoever has the most signs up gets my vote.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't voted yet because I have no idea who to vote for. I'm not sure how to find out anything about most of the candidates. For example we have 3 people running for sheriff of Knox county, all are Republican. None of their websites say much about them. I just want the guy who is the most pro-gun.
View Quote

The three big ones for me are the sheriff, the school board, and....well that's it actually.  

I really want to learn more about the sheriffs.  They can all be republican, they can all be pro gun, but I don't want Knox County to become the next Albuquerque or Boston (or Monterey)  with guys playing with their toys at the county residents' expense.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I do extensive research by driving around town and counting signs.  Whoever has the most signs up gets my vote.
View Quote

That unfortunately only gives an idea who has the most money to spend, be it theirs or special interest groups.

Rutherford County Executive between Earnest Burgess and Jimmy Evans is a prime example.  Burgess gets LOTS of money from his fellow developers.  He hits Jimmy Evans for raising a tax to support the new schools and SRO which Burgess insisted on and does NOT want to talk about now.

I am lucky in that I was involved with the Judges here for 8 years.  Some I still trust, and some are the best justice money can buy.  One that has retired from Rutherford County and become a 'Judge at Large' is a prime example.  Even as sick and old as I am, I can throw  him farther than I trust him.

Frankly folks need to get off their collective asses and actually go out and meet the candidates and look them in the eye.  A slick 30 second to 1 minute ad is pure BS.

Also look at who folks are endorsing candidates.  This is especially true for folks you do know and trust.

The Public Defenders office for Rutherford and Cannon County has two 'supposedly' Republican candidates.  The incumbent Gerald Melton espouses MANY Democratic ideas and folks over the years.  His opponent Andy Brunelle has a proven record of strong Republican support.  Last but by no means least, Andy at least LIVES here.  Gerald lives in Smithville which is in NEITHER county he is suppose to represent.  Don't get me wrong, Gerald is a personal friend that I have supported/voted for in the past, but NOT this time.

Then you have the important post of Circuit Court Clerk.  This post determines how and when our Circuit Courts work.  While the incumbent claims to be a Republican, she is supported by a BUNCH of Democrats.  Lance Jenkins is endorsed Publically by Eloise Gaither.  She is a
lady who has held the post and is a good, truthful lady of great integrity.

The Sheriffs race in Rutherford County is a complete cluster^*%!  There is so many candidates watering the vote down, the incumbent is a likely winner in that race.  Best honest to goodness candidate in the race is Dale Armor.  Dad is the ex Republican Commissioner of Safety and Dale has been in law enforcement his whole life.

That for me is the Rutherford County races I know about in a nutshell.

Forgot to add.  Joe Carr vs Dejarwhatsis.  Dejarwhatsis, constantly interrupting my supper with robo calls for a meeting where he does NOT have to look you in the eye.   Joe at least got off his butt and came by and introduced himself.  Other folks I trust like his also.  At least he votes PRO gun and not just talk.  Will hate to lose him as a State Senator, but he can do us more good in Washington.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll take Chris Harvey for Hamilton County Sheriff. He is an actual Conservative, Constitutionalist Republican. I especially like what he has to say in this TEA Party debate starting at 59:25. Hammond, the incumbent, is an idiot who switched from being a lifelong Democrat. I have an old VHS tape of him saying "you are far more likely to be hurt or killed by having a gun than by not having one".

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:21:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I went and early voted on Wednesday for the first time ever. Im gonna be out of town on election day or "primary" day.  We have no hot button races/issues in the primary, pretty boring primary.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll take Chris Harvey for Hamilton County Sheriff. He is an actual Conservative, Constitutionalist Republican. I especially like what he has to say in this TEA Party debate starting at 59:25. Hammond, the incumbent, is an idiot who switched from being a lifelong Democrat. I have an old VHS tape of him saying "you are far more likely to be hurt or killed by having a gun than by not having one".

http://youtu.be/pnZzuJHpb04

View Quote

That idiot said it on the above video.   That idiot also said you can't shoot someone if they just break into your  house.   Is this asshole a transplant from the north and how did he ever get elected in the first place?
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

I will be voting for Harvey, I have lost all (what little I had) confidence in Hammond.

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That idiot said it on the above video.   That idiot also said you can't shoot someone if they just break into your  house.   Is this asshole a transplant from the north and how did he ever get elected in the first place?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/pnZzuJHpb04

He was a lifelong Democrat who switched sides when it became apparent that Dems could no longer win the Sheriff's office here. He is a genuinely goofy mofo.

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
In the Montgomery County Sheriff's race, I am going for Barrett. Fuson is the incumbent, but a lot of the internal rumbling of the department is heard in the gun shops.

Aside from that, I have no idea. I see a lot of yard signs out here for a guy named Svbada, talks about "restoring Constitutional government" right on the sign.

I do wonder if that lunatic who stands in downtown Dover with his signs about Jewish conspiracies is running for anything this time around?
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 3:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In the Montgomery County Sheriff's race, I am going for Barrett. Fuson is the incumbent, but a lot of the internal rumbling of the department is heard in the gun shops.

Aside from that, I have no idea. I see a lot of yard signs out here for a guy named Svbada, talks about "restoring Constitutional government" right on the sign.

I do wonder if that lunatic who stands in downtown Dover with his signs about Jewish conspiracies is running for anything this time around?[div style='text-align: center;']
View Quote

That old crazy bastard is a trip. It'll be 100 degrees out and there he is, in a suit, with a sign, talking uber crazy shit.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]
For some reason I get that lunatic's flyers. My zio code straddles the Stewart County line, so despite not being in his district I am on the mailing list. I hadn't see one in a while though. Maybe he dropped dead out there picketing the Jewish conspiracy to take over downtown Dover.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Svbada is in a runoff election against Jay Reedy for the District 74 representative.
The winner will run against Tidwell ( democrat) in the primary.

A lot of people are unaware they were moved from district 67 to 74 after the 2010 election.

I think if you do a little research or attend one of the "debates", you may find you are in favor of Reedy.

I know who I support for the Representative.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I still need to figure who I am voting for instead of that rat bastard Alexander tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I still need to figure who I am voting for instead of that rat bastard Alexander tomorrow.
View Quote

Think about Joe Carr...BEAT LAMAR
                                   Real Conservatives National Committee
                                   5016 Sedale Ct. #232
                                   Spring Hill TN 37174
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

5016 Sedale Ct. #232
                                   Spring Hill TN 37174
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5016 Sedale Ct. #232
                                   Spring Hill TN 37174

I'm with you. But, after hanging out here for a few months, my money is on the low information voters putting Lamar back in due to name recognition.  I would love to be proven wrong.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I would have run against Lamar myself if I had the money. OK, if Carr is the accepted alternative we're going to get behind to retire that jackass, I'll back his play.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top