Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 2:02:23 PM EDT
Mods, I know park carry has a thread but I think it's important that everyone see this. It seems there is a slight chance the bill might make it back onto the calendar according to this NRA alert:

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2014/4/tennessee-house-subcommittee-chairman-removes-park-carry-bill-from.aspx

Plesse email chairman Mike Harrison and ask him to put HB 1407 back on the schedule.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Done
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Done.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi Rep. Harrison,

Please bring HB 1407 back to the table and push it through for a vote!  My city has banned guns from their parks.

This requires me to either walk/ride the whole way there with no way to defend my family or to drive and park off the grounds leaving my firearm in a car where it has a greater chance of being stolen and then used in a crime.

Please bring this bill back up so our weapons can stay on us the whole time, where they belong.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]
This is one of those areas where media attention could've changed everything.

A few weeks of people calling in to radio stations telling their horror stories, or nightly news broadcasts about crime in the parks would've tipped the scales.  Our local radio station did a thing one morning after a rash of greenway stabbings, but that was about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top