BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/jopinski/havok.jpg</a>" />
stumbled on a heck of a deal on tn gun owners site today, couldnt pass it up
View Quote

I really need to start checking TN Gun owners more often!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll try to plan better for life this time.

In.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/jopinski/havok.jpg</a>" />

this!

the $20 admission for the EE there is steep, but deals do show up. I hate I missed that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Um I don't know what to say but, it's beautiful...  

Crazy Harry, you on the rounds?

My wife just asked me what the heck I was laughing so hard at. I just told her the whole skee-ball story. Now she wants to play too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife just asked me what the heck I was laughing so hard at. I just told her the whole skee-ball story. Now she wants to play too.

On it. This is happening.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no clue what you guys are talking about, but ill be there!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you know more about reloading than I do, but please be sure to double check the load data. I've read various warnings about overpressure situations when loading chalk in 37mm launchers (probably due to using 40mm load data and/or the 37mm not be able to handle the pressure that the military M203/M79 launcher can).
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I know you know more about reloading than I do, but please be sure to double check the load data. I've read various warnings about overpressure situations when loading chalk in 37mm launchers (probably due to using 40mm load data and/or the 37mm not be able to handle the pressure that the military M203/M79 launcher can).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://global3.memecdn.com/trust-me-i-amp-039-m-an-engineer_o_1897979.jpg

I know you know what you are doing!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Knowing Ian I predict the following:

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:08:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I dreamed of a Raufoss style round for a 37mm....

I know anti-personnel is verbotten, I wonder what BATFE thinks of anti-materiel.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I dreamed of a Raufoss style round for a 37mm....

I know anti-personnel is verbotten, I wonder what BATFE thinks of anti-materiel.
View Quote

Hold on, I think I have a pic for that too...

ETA: Found it

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#14]
In for a bump. I am trying to get my ducks in a row for this trip.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Aw man, my wife just scheduled out summer vacation. And guess when she scheduled it for? You got it, during the weekend of the shoot. I want to say dirty words because I'm gonna miss skee-ball. Oh well, I guess I'm out, unless something changes in the next two months.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Aw man, my wife just scheduled out summer vacation. And guess when she scheduled it for? You got it, during the weekend of the shoot. I want to say dirty words because I'm gonna miss skee-ball. Oh well, I guess I'm out, unless something changes in the next two months.
View Quote

Tell your wife to reschedule.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Believe me, I thought about it. I told her and she asked if I just wanted to stay here instead of go to the beach for a week. I said no, I'll just tough it out on the beach I guess...
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Believe me, I thought about it. I told her and she asked if I just wanted to stay here instead of go to the beach for a week. I said no, I'll just tough it out on the beach I guess...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to shoot, drive from shoot to beach, stay at beach for a week, come home. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I unofficially got my official wife permission for the unofficial shoot... I may actually make this one!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#20]
My friend "Mikey the Mad Gunsmith" wants to stretch his MK12 out at long range, so he is in. He is not a member here and doesn't 'do' computers, but he enjoys shooting at all distances.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I see the date, but I seem to be missing the rest of the details.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#22]
What details are ya looking for?  

Tom will email out the times and where when it gets closer and people pay.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I may be able to fly in for this one. Unfortunately, I moved a few miles southern than Memphis but would like to meet everyone.

That said, I may can help organize a shoot in the greater Memphis area. Should be firing off rounds at the end of May on some private property. I'll have to check on the insurance. Right now it's usually just 4-10 of is that meet to have some fun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I see the date, but I seem to be missing the rest of the details.
View Quote

Date: 6/7/14
Time: 0700 - ?
Cost: $100 (covers insurance, grub, t-shirt, etc.)

Point of Contact: taliv
What to bring: Guns, ammo, sunscreen, imitation crab meat
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#26]
HEY

August 2-3, PTS (one of our sponsors) is hosting a PRS match (http://precisionrifleseries.com).  It's an awesome long range, precision field match.  Sold out very quickly with over 90 shooters, most of which are from out of state (when I was directing the match, we probably averaged 17 different states represented)

details are here:
http://forum.snipershide.com/tactical-shooting-competitions/245963-pts-precision-rifle-match-aug-2-3-a.html

We need about 5 additional ROs for this match.  It's pretty much all day saturday, half day sunday and it would be great if you could show up friday afternoon and shoot or watch others shoot the stages so you can see how they run before the match.   You will spend those 2 days assigned to a couple of stages and helping either run the clock, keeping the score sheets or spotting hits.

Previous RO experience in 3gun/IPSC or similar is great but not necessary.   This is a very competitive match and shooters may get all salty if you are screwing around, so we need people who are reasonably responsible and reliable.
You are welcome to camp out on the property if you don't want to stay in a hotel in town.  If you've been to one of the previous hometown shoots, you are also welcome bring a sleeping bag and crash at my place.  

The first 5 4 folks willing to commit to working the PTS match will get free entry to the hometown shoot coming up.

thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Count me in, especially if there is a barn stage again. That was a good one. Either way, looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#28]
T minus 40 days.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Taliv

your message box is full.

IM me the payment info.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#30]
guys sorry for the delay here.  i have an impending job change that may result in my moving out of state before this shoot.  i should know by end of week.  So I'm waiting for that before people start sending checks in.   If I do move, I'll try to turn it over to someone else so the shoot still happens.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
guys sorry for the delay here.  i have an impending job change that may result in my moving out of state before this shoot.  i should know by end of week.  So I'm waiting for that before people start sending checks in.   If I do move, I'll try to turn it over to someone else so the shoot still happens.
View Quote

I want you to be successful, but.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn. I know this has been talked about and I knew it could be coming, but it still sucks...might be time to start making nominations to keep this alive.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Damn. I know this has been talked about and I knew it could be coming, but it still sucks...might be time to start making nominations to keep this alive.
View Quote

I nominate you. You are in the area, have the best toys, make the best bbq, and make a relatively good looking sultan.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#34]
oh well, my luck. The first one I can attend and no host.

fine! nevermind then!   LOL

Taliv: I hope all the best for you in your new job.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I nominate you. You are in the area, have the best toys, make the best bbq, and make a relatively good looking sultan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shiek Ian al Baxter???
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really what I was going for but I guess you have a point. IF--and that is a big if--Tom is actually going to be FO-ing on us, I will see about the logistics of the matter. The way I see it, this is way too successful of a thing to let die.

I see some posts already accepting doom--guys, this shoot will continue as long as we have enough interest and commitment to sustain the costs associated with it. Don't toss in the towel just yet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b2/b27659fed9b4166aafe0d6b9d5e2f0f0f6f1d85448a07398dad91783ff8f79da.jpg

Not really what I was going for but I guess you have a point. IF--and that is a big if--Tom is actually going to be FO-ing on us, I will see about the logistics of the matter. The way I see it, this is way too successful of a thing to let die.

I see some posts already accepting doom--guys, this shoot will continue as long as we have enough interest and commitment to sustain the costs associated with it. Don't toss in the towel just yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b2/b27659fed9b4166aafe0d6b9d5e2f0f0f6f1d85448a07398dad91783ff8f79da.jpg

If we trust you enough to shoot your reloads, we trust you enough to host an event.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Keep that BBQ coming aNd I'm there, dude.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Keep that BBQ coming aNd I'm there, dude.
View Quote

Most important thing about TN HTF Shoot (Check One)

_X_ BBQ
___ Guns
___ Ammo
___ Blowing things up
___ 50 BMG
___ Camping
___ Social aspect
___ Bacon pancakes
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#40]
it is pretty awesome, huh?

this last time, the bbq was catered by "little dodge", which is a hole in the wall a couple miles past the farm on the way to cookeville boat dock.  best bbq sauce evar, and they're pretty good at running the smoker too
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I feel like an idiot but were the ribs beef or pork? Can't find anything like them in Nashville, and they've given me a craving for smoky ribs that I can't quite satisfy. Slow & Low has good baby backs, avoid Jim & Nick's unless you're made of money.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I feel like an idiot but were the ribs beef or pork? Can't find anything like them in Nashville, and they've given me a craving for smoky ribs that I can't quite satisfy. Slow & Low has good baby backs, avoid Jim & Nick's unless you're made of money.
View Quote

Have you been to Centerpoint BBQ in Hendersonville?

Maybe not the best in the world, but I've been eating there since I was a toddler.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's the end of the week.... what's the verdict??
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

heh

well, i still don't know, but it's taking up quite a bit of my time so I talked to crazy harry over dinner tonight and he agreed to run this one.  Expect further comms from him shortly.   I think pretty much everything will remain the same: location, times, targets, etc
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#45]
OFFICIAL UPDATE on the official thread for the un-official ARFCOM official HTF shoot with officially no un-official....official.......shit

Anyway, here is the scoop. We have 37 days left so I am going to be flying by the seat of my ass on this one to get things done.

Make no mistakes--this shoot is a go, and I need you guys' help to make sure the administrative part goes as seamless as possible. Right now here is where I'm at:

Things that will remain the same:
-The date
-The location
-The range areas and target orientation
-The price (to include lunch, shirt, targets, expected range supplies, water/sodas, and range dues)
-The food. It's pretty much unanimous that BBQ is a quintessential component of shooting events.

Things that I need input on:
-Interest in camping. Price will not change but I need to know if I need to prepare an area for it.
-Do we want shirts for this one or not. Price will be reflected by the majority vote (no shirts=about $15 less on entry)
-Anything else that you would like to see changed or added.

I need to know the verdict on shirts by the end of the week because there is a 2 week lead time and I would like to get the order in a week early to guarantee they are here in time. I am going to set the deadline for registration at May 23rd. If something comes up and you have to cancel, I will issue a refund up trough June 1st. (maybe later if you have a REALLY convincing sob story). I will also need a preliminary head count so it may be time to get the "In" thread started *cough*cough*Rich*cough.

Email or IM me for registration contact info. Email is faster because it goes to my phone. I will only check IMs at night.
I look forward to making this one another great success, but it's a team effort.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I will be a last minute, May 23rd, yay or nay for me. My family changed the vacation from leaving May 27 to leaving June 8. So I will be driving to FL the day after the shoot. I really thought I had a shot at making this shoot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Attend: yes

Shirt: they never fit me anyway, so I vote 'no' and spend the $15 on more food or drinks, cuz it's going to be hot by the 7th.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#48]
I want a shirt (actually, I'd like 2) as Mrs. Undefined has taken custody of my last two HTF shirts.... if I buy two this time I might be allowed to keep one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm a s'go!!  Shirt? yes.  BBQ? yes.  Sweating in the early TN summer in a cow field shooting stuff? yes.

I'll officially "register" when my next payday comes along.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok we have the first on the roster. I am putting together a spreadsheet to keep up with the whole thing so here is what info I am going to need from you guys:
@Fin: This should probably be added to the OP so that it is easy to find.

1) Real name
2) Internet name
3) Shirt size
4) Number of shooters you are bringing with you
    4a) Their name
    4b) Their shirt size
5) Camping: yes or no
6) Any additional shirts desired. I will confirm price this weekend

I will respond with payment info via IM/email. Looks like the majority is ruling to keep the shirts so the all-inclusive rate will be the same $100/per. I am looking at some options to reduce that at the next one but that is still a work in progress.

I am also working on getting you guys a hotel discount. I will have more info on that later this week.

Stay tuned.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top