Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just south of Murfreesboro so I'm almost dead center of the state. I'm 3 miles from the Outpost.

Well, Howdy Neighbor.  I am between Barfield and Christiana.  Yes, you are near the exact center of the State.  The marker for it is about a mile from MTSU's football stadium.

I've seen the marker. It's next to an overpass or bridge if I remember right. Not exactly the easiest thing to go visit. I went to MTSU back before they had that big ass stadium.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The marker on Broad St is about the founder and where they are buried in the Haynes Brothers lumber yard.  The center of the state one is an obilisk next to the middle of the road off Greenland Drive.  Is the road going beside either the Blue Raider Book store or a Bar.  I can't remember which.   There was a couple of parking spots if you want to get out and read it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Memphis area build party is a must.

Know anyone who works for S-N-S in Desoto, MS? They are making lowers now, so maybe we could rent their machine?

http://s-n-sshootingsupplies.com/Home_Page.php

Link Posted: 5/20/2013 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you need a jig if you have access to a CNC?
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you need a jig if you have access to a CNC?

Can you build your own for under $50?  Or at least something that will keep the lower level when drilling the different holes?
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The biggest advantage I see is being able to clamp it solidly.

Whats with the BATF hating on build parties? Is it because they think you aren't building your own but having friends doing a portion of it? I'm guessing at that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Well the project has closed, so shipping should begin soon!
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 7:01:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got the email. I hope we don't get scammed!
I will probably sell all my branded lowers after I get these done. Now just to find LPK's...
Link Posted: 6/5/2013 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will probably sell all my branded lowers after I get these done. Now just to find LPK's...
I'm thinking the same thing with my lowers.

1583 funders
744% funded at $222,960
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking the same thing with my lowers.

1583 funders
744% funded at $222,960

I was thinking the same thing
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Everyone pick up a jig too?
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#14]
The actual number of 'funders' is not right as it only shows the ones that funded thru the rocket site.  It does not show folks who sent them money orders or cashier checks.

Now does anybody have an idea when they might start shipping?

Will be interesting to see who gets one first!
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I funded another non-gun related project and they guy is doing good by emailing funders updates every week. Not hearing anything out of these lower guys is starting to make me wonder...
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I funded another non-gun related project and they guy is doing good by emailing funders updates every week. Not hearing anything out of these lower guys is starting to make me wonder...

I was also when I didn't see my name as a 'funder', so I called and they actually answered the phone and told me about there being a seperate list for folks that use MO and Cashier Checks.  I forgot to ask for a guess when they will start shipping.  Mark it down to I screwed up!

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Facebook is pretty active with him.  I'm not worried.  The guy is still responding to emails and will answer if you call him.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 4:40:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Good to know. I almost ordered some LPKs the other day but decided to wait till I know if I'm getting them or not.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Bumping to find out if anybody has heard anything from them.

Thanks,

TH-45
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks,

TH-45

Per fookbace:

Sierra Nevada Arms I got word on the material this week. I should see my order real soon. Im anxiously waiting for it so I can start production.
Yesterday at 11:31am via mobile · Like · 4
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 5:24:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I wonder what his estimate of 'real soon' is?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

TH-45

Per fookbace:

Sierra Nevada Arms I got word on the material this week. I should see my order real soon. Im anxiously waiting for it so I can start production.
Yesterday at 11:31am via mobile · Like · 4

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Pics on their facebook and their website just went live:

http://www.sierranevadaarms.com/
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#23]
This gives me some more hope. Gotta get my mill running!
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

For those of us who is not (or ever will be) on Facebook, whats the latest word?

Some of us are depending on y'all that are to keep us up to date.

Thanks!

TH-45
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

For those of us who is not (or ever will be) on Facebook, whats the latest word?

Thanks!

TH-45
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

TH-45

Yesterday he posted:

Sierra Nevada Arms Yes the shop and machines are ready. I received samples of my 7075 and it's a good quality. I approved it and they will be shipping by end of next week. Then I will get to work shipping them out.

Today someone asked:

When you're ready to ship product, are you going to email all the Rockethub backers for shipping info?

And he replied that yes he would. He also has said that once he starts work he will be posting up pictures. If I can remember I will post them up in this thread for those not on the book face.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank You, Swoop411.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#27]
GREAT NEWS!

Sierra Nevada Arms
Got some great news! The aluminum I orderd has finally shipped and will be in my warehouse next Friday morning.

Production will immediately begin and I will be shipping out approximately 200 per day.

I thank you for your support and patience.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Right now I have much more faith in this project than I do the other 80% lower project I funded. That guy finally posted an update showing his CNC machine and it was a converted bench top hobby machine. I just hope the lower ends up salvageable when I get it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Right now I have much more faith in this project than I do the other 80% lower project I funded. That guy finally posted an update showing his CNC machine and it was a converted bench top hobby machine. I just hope the lower ends up salvageable when I get it.
View Quote

He has purchased some good looking equipment. I assume it is really good stuff if he is anticipating shipping 200 units a day!

Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I should have funded a jig :(
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He has purchased some good looking equipment. I assume it is really good stuff if he is anticipating shipping 200 units a day!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He must not be working alone!

I didn't get the jig because the other project was supposed to have one included but we will see how that goes now. I may be better off buying a DRO for the mill and figuring it out on my own.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, I don't have a jig either. Does anyone in the Clarksville area have one? For right now its looking like I will have some nifty paper weights laying around.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Anything new this week for those of us not on a 'Social Media Site'?

Thanks,

TH-45
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Last I read he was due to get his billet order this Friday, and was prepared to ship out 200 units a day after that. That said, I deleted my Facebook so someone else may have to pick up the social media slack unless I can find a work-around.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Any good word? I believe he got his aluminum a couple weeks ago, so I figured I would have heard something by now in regards to shipping. Might have to email the guy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Anybody see 'theirs' in there beside me?   LOL  

Mine are down at the far end.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anybody see 'theirs' in there beside me?   LOL  

Mine are down at the far end.
View Quote

Mine is the one on the floor with the dent.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I should have funded a jig :(
View Quote

I have no problem sharing if you don't mind picking it up/dropping it off.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Anymore news after the mini scare this week from the libs trying to blame the DC shooting on evil AR's ?  LOL
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Anything from anybody?

Thanks Guys.

TH-45
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Sierra posted pictures of the 80% fitted up with buffer tube and grip. I sure hope so as I have a few coming along with a jig..
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sierra posted pictures of the 80% fitted up with buffer tube and grip. I sure hope so as I have a few coming along with a jig..
View Quote

Thanks.

What I would LOVE to see is some being packaged and mailed OUT!  I already know what a lower with buffer tube looks like.  LOL
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Finally got a e-mail back yesterday acknowledging they got my money order and had cashed it.  No word on when they are going to start shipping though.

No idea what they are saying on facebook as I am not registered there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Finally got a e-mail back yesterday acknowledging they got my money order and had cashed it.  No word on when they are going to start shipping though.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq211/crawlin95/29148E98-41EC-4371-9A73-B8671C9FD649-605-000000356E7202DE_zps468e7545.jpg

Thank You!
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Bumping due to the fact it was about to fall off the second page and it has been three more weeks since any update.

Can we all tell I REALLY want to get mine so I can have them ready to be Christmas presents...........to my son, Grandson, and heck even ME!  LOL
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 5:07:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, I am anxious as well. I sent an email a couple weeks ago and have yet to get a response of any sort. What made me irritated was their website FAQ saying it takes 7-12 business days after I place my order to receive the lowers....well I ordered mine on RocketHub MONTHS ago. I thought about ordering one from the website and if I got it before I got the others I would likely lose my mind. Yeah, patience is not one of my strongest virtues. Like you, I intended to give mine as gifts.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#50]
He's being a bit of an ass.  Is pissed off cause people are complaining about shipping time.  I know it's a start up but don't quote times, miss those, quote more, miss those,... 4 times, then add additional services trying to get more money before you have delivered your original commit.

This is just one if the posts.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top