Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2011 7:36:08 PM EDT
Just got one, what should I do now?
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit up observer on here. He's had a lot of work done to his and is probably a wealth of knowledge.  Worst case he can point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Give it to me for christmas
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
get ready to compete in a 3-gun match.

I've got a friend that kicks ass with his Saiga 12 with all those extra mags that he carries.
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 3:28:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Buy ammo & drum mags. Shoot, reload, repeat.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Shoot it?  

Link Posted: 12/25/2011 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to carolinashooterssupply.com and figure out which options you want for the conversion. Also check out their videos page to see how easy it is to do it yourself.

I got all my parts there and did all the work myself and am very happy with how it turned out.

I did the pistol grip conversion with ace side folding stock, and tubular handguard. AK style sights and flash hider with plenty of mags too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh yeah, lots of info and ideas to be fond here

http://forum.saiga-12.com/
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh wow I figured the parts kit would be more expensive than that.  Im not sure if I would want to do the conversion myself, but can't afford to get a gunsmith to do it
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy a gas plug from MDarms. U can more reliably shoot different kinds of 12 ga ammo with one. From high to low brass and light to heavy loads. I love mine.
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
It's really not that hard to do the conversion. Once you drill out a couple of rivets the bottom plate comes off to reveal the original holes in the receiver. Then it's just a matter of swapping out the parts. I it mainly at my computer desk following along with their videos. I did the drilling and paint at my workbench. Took all of about 2 hours and 1 of those hours was waiting for the paint to dry. It also would have went faster if I hadn't kept backing up the video several times to make sure I had it down before I did it. And the paint is because under the bottom plate you have to remove that covers the original trigger holes in the receiver is not finished. Once that plate is removed you just degrease and hit the bottom of the receiver with some Black BBQ grill paint. Matched the original receiver finish pretty well.

The conversion really improves the trigger pull too.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 3:58:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Tromix!
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I think I may get a kit from Carolinashooters and them try to find someone who has done it and could help
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yeah I think I may get a kit from Carolinashooters and them try to find someone who has done it and could help

What part of the state are you in?

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What part of the state are you in?

West side in Lauderdale county and weakly county
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#15]
That's a little far from me at FT Campbell otherwise I would be happy to help you out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Well ill be in Martin and its only about two hours away from there so I would be willing to drive there if I decided to do the conversion
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#17]
If you decide to get a 'smith to convert it, Troy at InRange C2 in Kodak does nice work on Saiga conversions as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#18]
If you're in Lauderdale county, go to Atoka, right down the road. McFarlane's is there, & I believe the guy's name is Brandon, not sure, but he is the owner's son, & he converts Saigas. He does good work, & he gave me an Arfcom discount. He might still be a member here. He's at all of the West TN gunshows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top