Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 11:49:16 PM EDT
I am looking at getting some one off custom engraving done on some firearms and I need some recommendations on who to take it to locally. I'm in Utah county but will travel to Salt Lake if the skill is there.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Williams and Sons has done all of my SBR engraving.
View Quote
Is he quick, need to make an appointment?  Call?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Called today to see if my stuff getting engraved was done or not and he told me that he got a visit from the ATF telling him to cease and desist. Bummer, I'll have to find someone else now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#7]

That royally sucks.  Who's next to goto?  Dang it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got my form 1 back today.  Is there another engraver someone here can recommend?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just got my form 1 back today.  Is there another engraver someone here can recommend?
View Quote
I haven't used this guy for NFA engraving yet, but a friend used him for some custom work and thought he did good work. I will be contacting him next week about doing my NFA work. 

www.artatarms.com

@TheTacticalCoyote

Did you find someone local?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I haven't used this guy for NFA engraving yet, but a friend used him for some custom work and thought he did good work. I will be contacting him next week about doing my NFA work. 

www.artatarms.com

@TheTacticalCoyote

Did you find someone local?
View Quote
I haven't yet. I have tried calling Art At Arms but he hasn't returned my phone calls. Last I heard he had family issues taking precedence.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I just spent the morning calling just about every engraver from Provo to Ogden heres what I found. Art at Arms is currently not doing engraving, The Gun Vault has a laser set up for steel and aluminum and is going to try to get set up for polymer, Williams and Sons is not doing firearms, MD Custom Engraving can do it but his engraving machine was too small to do my B&T APC9 $10 setup and $10 for the first two lines, Engraver Dave hand engraves his work ~$60 for two lines, Gold Star Awards and Engraving does firearms with a $60 minimum, Symbol Arts and Engraving can also do it $5 dollar setup and $2 per word.

There are a couple others that I was not able to get ahold of. I will be having Symbol Arts do my work, they currently have a 10 day lead time, I will post up in this thread how they did.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I've used the gun vault for engraving. It's decent. The first time I went they suggested doing it where it'd be covered up by the pistol grip but I don't think that's kosher. I had them engrave just in front of the hole for the trigger. It costs about $35 per lower.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I haven't yet. I have tried calling Art At Arms but he hasn't returned my phone calls. Last I heard he had family issues taking precedence.
View Quote
I finally got a hold of him, he said he wasn't operational at the moment.  I have had no luck finding someone local.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've used the gun vault for engraving. It's decent. The first time I went they suggested doing it where it'd be covered up by the pistol grip but I don't think that's kosher. I had them engrave just in front of the hole for the trigger. It costs about $35 per lower.
View Quote
I took my lower into them, they told me I didn't need to engrave it unless I tried to sell it  I said I wanted it done anyway.

One guy there said he could do it, but needed to dial in his equipment for polymer, but I can't get a hold of him.

Engraver Dave said he can't do the polymer scorpion, plus has an 8 week lead time.  

Looks like I may be shipping my scorpion out of state.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Alright, I picked up my B&T APC9 and P26 polymer receivers from SymbolArts in South Ogden this morning and I am fairly happy with the work they did. The turn around was faster than what they quoted, the price was very good and the work itself appears to meet the NFA requirements compared to my other SBR's. The only critique that I have is that the spacing is better on the P26 than on the APC9, but the placement is better on the APC9 than on the P26. Again, for me the work is good, my weapons are tools and I don't care everything is perfect.

So if you are looking for top quality work, look elsewhere. If you want to spend as little as possible (about $13 for my two weapons) and Ogden isn't too far from you, then maybe check out SymbolArts.

I have two more weapons that I will have engraved here pretty soon, I will take them to other engravers fairly local to me to compare the work. I will update again when I get them back.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just spent the morning calling just about every engraver from Provo to Ogden heres what I found. Art at Arms is currently not doing engraving, The Gun Vault has a laser set up for steel and aluminum and is going to try to get set up for polymer, Williams and Sons is not doing firearms, MD Custom Engraving can do it but his engraving machine was too small to do my B&T APC9 $10 setup and $10 for the first two lines, Engraver Dave hand engraves his work ~$60 for two lines, Gold Star Awards and Engraving does firearms with a $60 minimum, Symbol Arts and Engraving can also do it $5 dollar setup and $2 per word.

There are a couple others that I was not able to get ahold of. I will be having Symbol Arts do my work, they currently have a 10 day lead time, I will post up in this thread how they did.
View Quote
Thanks michaelj for researching/listing them all. This will get me off my butt to get my SBR lower engraved.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top