Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2016 10:31:51 PM EDT
Friend has offered up some tickets to a Utah game, and my son really wants me to take him. I am just not sure of security at the arena. Been a long time since I visited a collage basketball arena. Not planning an open carry protest or drawing attention to myself, but just wondering what to expect at the gates.

Anyone have any insight? Suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Not basketball but I went to a UofU women's volleyball game last year and I CC'd with no issues.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't been to a U of U game for years. But I've CC'ed there for a long time. The University has pretty much acknowledged that, as a state school, they can't prohibit legal concealed carry.

The U of U has some FAQs for fans going to Rice-Eccles Stadium and the Huntsman Center. They say that weapons are not allowed, but with a big asterisk stating that they abide by all state and federal regulations.

I would carry if I was going to a game there.

ETA: http://stadium.utah.edu/information/arena/fan-guide.php
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:02:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't been to a U of U game for years. But I've CC'ed there for a long time. The University has pretty much acknowledged that, as a state school, they can't prohibit legal concealed carry.

The U of U has some FAQs for fans going to Rice-Eccles Stadium and the Huntsman Center. They say that weapons are not allowed, but with a big asterisk stating that they abide by all state and federal regulations.

I would carry if I was going to a game there.

ETA: http://stadium.utah.edu/information/arena/fan-guide.php
View Quote

Thank for the replies guys. I was not too worried about it, but wanted to check before showing up. Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't carry in a purse. Seriously. They seem to root through those things like they expect to find gold nuggets at the bottom. Other than that it won't be an issue. I've carried everytime I've been with no issues.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]
This is good practical advice. But the question is this: If they find your gun in your purse and you have a CCW, can they do anything about it?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#6]
What sort of man carries a purse? Ha!

Game was great and the boy had fun. I asked him if he was going to ask one of the cheerleaders out on a date. I even told him I would pay for it! He then gave me the "girls have cooties" face and rolled his eyes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top