Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 10/19/2016 8:19:10 PM EDT
I know the where-to-shoot question has been asked a lot, but specifically, what is your favorite place to shoot at distances of around 500-600 yards? Preferably BLM land. I live in Orem and I am looking for somewhere to practice at longer ranges (I know, the Long Range Shooters of Utah guys are going to scoff at 500 yards but I have a 16" light weight barreled AR and I'm looking to see how it stretches when shooting with a 1-6x optic).

I would just stick to shooting at West Mountain but you don't get much distance there. What do you guys know about the area around Faust and Vernon? I'm trying to stay within about an hour of Orem.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#1]
There's lots of open BLM land out there.  

Just remember that the Five Mile Pass area is closed to target shooting, so keep going west until you get past the Pony Express marker.  

Good shooting.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top