Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 6/20/2016 1:14:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if you've already gone there but, for future reference, I was there yesterday and there weren't even people with wands.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone been this year?  Haven't had a problem in the past even though guys were standing around with wands.  I'm taking the train down so I have no option to stash it in the car if they find out I am carrying.
View Quote

Are we allowed to carry on public transportation?

Roughly three years ago, I had a friend who was denied entry on the FrontRunner because while he was waiting on the platform, he was whittling a piece of wood with a pocket knife and when he was about to board, a UTA employee told him no weapons allowed. He called me up, I left work to go pick up his knife, then I went back to work and left him there. If they don't allow tiny pocket knives, I'd be surprised if they allowed guns.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The prohibition did not apply to CFP holders but they did clarify it in this last legislative session.

http://le.utah.gov/~2016/bills/static/HB0067.html

I don't put much stock in what an employee tells me.  The U of U still tells their new employees that firearms are not allowed on campus, even with a CFP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone been this year?  Haven't had a problem in the past even though guys were standing around with wands.  I'm taking the train down so I have no option to stash it in the car if they find out I am carrying.

Roughly three years ago, I had a friend who was denied entry on the FrontRunner because while he was waiting on the platform, he was whittling a piece of wood with a pocket knife and when he was about to board, a UTA employee told him no weapons allowed. He called me up, I left work to go pick up his knife, then I went back to work and left him there. If they don't allow tiny pocket knives, I'd be surprised if they allowed guns.

The prohibition did not apply to CFP holders but they did clarify it in this last legislative session.

I don't put much stock in what an employee tells me.  The U of U still tells their new employees that firearms are not allowed on campus, even with a CFP.
The U of U (my alma mater, twice) is still extremely butt-hurt that they were forced to allowed concealed weapons on campus. But they do, if you have a permit.

My daughter is starting as a Freshman at the U this fall. When we toured the dorms, I looked at several of the signs and posted policies in the common areas and the bulletin boards. These talked about trading rooms, getting new roommates, etc. One caught my eye. It said (paraphrasing), "If you have a roommate with a concealed weapon permit and are not comfortable with them as a roommate, let your resident adviser know and we'll get you a new room."

Basically, they admitted that they can't ban handguns from the dorms, IF the student in question has a valid CCW. I'd like to think that this really burns them up.

As to medicman's original question, I haven't been to Smith's ballpark yet this year, but I'm interested in any further info.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Definitely. My wife, not a sports fan, really enjoys taking the kids out to a ball game.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In reading the bill it states "Public Transportation" in the heading, but then makes specific reference only to buses. Do you know if there is separate law governing intrastate rail service in Utah? Just curious as I've never used Front Runner or Trax, and have no idea what the law is concerning concealed carry on either service.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Holy shit you guys. This is Utah for hell sakes. If it isn't a secure facility (i.e jail, courthouse, etc.) It is legal. Nothing UTA can do about. A private business can ask you to leave if it's discovered but every concert venue I've been to hasn't cared even when discovered. Hell I even carried every where we went at the liberal shit hole that is Sundance. Laughed when the looked in purses and made me open my coat at the doors all while packing enough "equipment" to deal with any situation that arose.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#11]
My daughter works for the public relations department at UTA.  Concealed firearms + a CFP are completely allowed on UTA busses and TRAX cars.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top