Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 6/3/2016 6:10:26 PM EDT
Just about the only place left to shoot on the west side of the lake has been fenced off.  Fucking Government.

I'm not sure when it was put up, as I hadn't been out there in a couple of weeks, but nearly all of the area west of the power lines has been fenced off.  I'd bet 100s of people shoot out there over the weekends and now they really don't have anywhere else to go close by.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I guess I'm the only one on this website that shoots out there.  10 years with only a 10 minute drive to go shooting.  I've got another place but it's nowhere as quick an easy to get to.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess I don't really understand the sentiment of this post.  You don't like shooting on public land?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Which new part being fenced off are you referring to? havent been out there shooting for about a month or so
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Between mile marker 17 & 18 of off Redwood Rd. west of the power lines.  It's been legal to shoot west of the power lines out there.  They've now built a fence down that dirt road that ran along the power lines which keeps people out of the area.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
when I hiked Stansbury Island there was a shooting area on the east side.

Also might call local BLM and ask if the fence was put up legally
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
when I hiked Stansbury Island there was a shooting area on the east side.

Also might call local BLM and ask if the fence was put up legally
View Quote

I was out there when the truck with U.S. Government plates was finishing it up.

The fencing was mentioned in the article about the new shooting range being built another 5 miles down the road.  Unfortunately, the new range won't be ready until at least next year and that area isn't suitable for shooting now.  They shouldn't have put his fencing up until then.

This is just going to push the shooters into the areas they typically haven't used that are typically used by the off roaders and horse back riders, which creates an even bigger problem IMO.

And I'm curious if the county has even come up with the funds to build the range, or next year we'll just hear about how it can't be done.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I guess I don't really understand the sentiment of this post.  You don't like shooting on public land?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps I misused the emoticon. No, I think it sucks that more and more of the land out there is getting fenced.

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I can understand why, A lot of that area is quarry - private, and people (read assholes) have been dumping trash on the land for years. Not hard to find other legal public lands to shoot near there though, drive a bit further south.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Can you still shoot at the gravel quarry in Eagle Mountain? It was basically just on the other side of the hill from the Redwood Rd. area.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top