Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2016 12:12:45 PM EDT
I went and I can say that I prefer the old way of voting.  We sat for over two hours before we got to cast a ballot for the party nominee.  I didn't think they way they handled the vote counting was confidence inspiring either.  For the precinct officers and delegates, the ballots were taken out of the room and counted by several people whom I presume were volunteers.  They came back in and told us who won.  When the Presidential nominee ballot was cast, several people came around and collected them, people I had never seen before and I couldn't tell what they did with the ballots.  Then the "ballot box" was taken on stage behind a table with a barrier so you couldn't see what was going on.  One person, a precinct officer, counted the ballots and made an announcement.  It didn't seem above board.  

I think the old way was better and the integrity of the system would be better.  Anyone else go and have a similar experience?
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I attended and had a different experience.  Ours was held at a school and approximately 100 people from my precinct showed up.  All of our votes were cast and the precinct officer, with the assistance of two volunteers, counted them directly in front of the group. They then posted the totals for the group to see.  The only issue I had were people showing up late slowing us down a bit because they had to be admitted.  I was out by 2040 hrs.  The group across the hall was out by 2000 hrs.  Sounds like they need to train some consistency into their system.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 4:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I did it online
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 2:41:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I attended and had a different experience.  Ours was held at a school and approximately 100 people from my precinct showed up.  All of our votes were cast and the precinct officer, with the assistance of two volunteers, counted them directly in front of the group. They then posted the totals for the group to see.  The only issue I had were people showing up late slowing us down a bit because they had to be admitted.  I was out by 2040 hrs.  The group across the hall was out by 2000 hrs.  Sounds like they need to train some consistency into their system.  

Cheers
View Quote

This was my experience as well.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top