Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 1/21/2016 3:23:12 PM EDT
I just bought 3 boxes of Rem Golden Bullet at Springville Walmart. There are 3 left 10 minutes ago.

interesting tidbit the counter guy said.  Hasn't seen Federal Bulk Pack in a couple years.

he said he talked to his Federal supplier and she told him that Walmart gets their ammo last,  due to Walmart squeezing them on price so hard over several years.  She told him Federal had so much demand for their .22 they don't need walmart, and sell to them last due to the lower margin vs other stores.

he also said list price on Federal bulk pack if the come in will be 31 dollars.

interesting info,  whether it's accurate or not I can't say, he seemed to believe it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I last bought .22lr at a Wal-Mart in Midvale in June. It was the 325rd federal auto match for ~$18.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just bought 3 boxes of Rem Golden Bullet at Springville Walmart. There are 3 left 10 minutes ago.

interesting tidbit the counter guy said.  Hasn't seen Federal Bulk Pack in a couple years.

he said he talked to his Federal supplier and she told him that Walmart gets their ammo last,  due to Walmart squeezing them on price so hard over several years.  She told him Federal had so much demand for their .22 they don't need walmart, and sell to them last due to the lower margin vs other stores.

interesting info,  whether it's accurate or not I can't say, he seemed to believe it.
View Quote

Man I miss the days of isle ends full of the bulk packs for $8.88
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:18:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word!

I am not a smart man, but every once in a while, once in a blue moon, I get lucky.

The day that piece of excrement sitting in the oval office was elected, I looked at the wife and said "grab your wallet, we're stocking up.

I bought a box of .22 EVERY time we went to walmart. It was 9.96 a box or something.  Every time. Then I slacked off after a while.

then when he got elected again, I started again. even though it was 18 bucks a box due to newtown........

I have cut waaay back on shooting .22, even though I'm still in pretty good shape. It's hard to shoot when you don't know when yu'll see it again....

Gunnies has bricks of 500..... at A HUNDRED BUCKS A BRICK HOLY MOSES.

So I buy what I see, even if it's crappy remington stuff.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Word!

I am not a smart man, but every once in a while, once in a blue moon, I get lucky.

The day that piece of excrement sitting in the oval office was elected, I looked at the wife and said "grab your wallet, we're stocking up.

I bought a box of .22 EVERY time we went to walmart. It was 9.96 a box or something.  Every time. Then I slacked off after a while.

then when he got elected again, I started again. even though it was 18 bucks a box due to newtown........

I have cut waaay back on shooting .22, even though I'm still in pretty good shape. It's hard to shoot when you don't know when yu'll see it again....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word!

Sounds pretty much the same as me. A bulk pack was part of each trip to WalMart. When prices started going up I had a pretty good stash put away and still managed to shoot a lot without putting a dent in it. I refuse to pay that much for rimfire. On a slightly related note, I was consolidating some stuff a while back and found about a dozen 20 rd boxes of Winchester 5.56 Q3131 with the price tags still on them.... $0.81 a box if I remember right I got them on sale at Galyans. Ah, the good old days....
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top