Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 1/14/2016 5:27:42 PM EDT
I will be running my Winter DM/Long Range Course.  We had a blast last February.  Winter DM Course Feb 2015

For those that are interested, this will be 2 Days, 1 Night.  Both days will focus on shooting at distances anywhere from 200-800yds, weather dependent.

You will get a lot of opportunities to shoot in real conditions in real terrain, and various steel targets all over a unique landscape that exceeds what any other range complex I have seen has to offer.

For those that have been, they can confirm what I am saying, in that it's impossible to really convey what a great range complex it is.

In every one of these pics, we are shooting at steel targets across a small ravine/canyon with vertical cliff edges on our side in front of us.

Rifle: Scoped rifle that will shoot ~ 1 MOA, zeroed, with a rifle checklist done on it, especially base/rings with appropriate and balanced torque and thread locker.
Round Count: 300 rounds of quality ammunition, capable of 1.5 MOA or better
Course Fee: $400
Special Items: Bring good cold weather gear and provisions for 6600 ft elevation in Rocky Mountains

This is a great course for working on practical hunting marksmanship in real terrain, while also seeing what the actual capabilities and limitations of your rifle/optics/mount/ammo system is.

Bonus survival instruction will include expedient winter shelter, fire building, optimum layering of clothing and sleep systems, ground insulation, and related skills.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Will you be doing this in the spring or summer?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Come play in the snow, bro.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to this course last year. The instruction was top-tier & it took shooters outside their comfort zones & they were able to adapt & hit multiple targets at distance in less-than-optimal weather conditions. The shooting range complex is amazing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell to the nah nah.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I tried to schedule it for snow and more inclimate weather, but it was like a pleasant spring weekend.

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, I tried to schedule it for snow and more inclimate weather, but it was like a pleasant spring weekend.
View Quote

A few weeks before and you probably would have had your snow. That warm spell kinda took us by surprise.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I so need to get myself down to Price and do this. Looks like a blast.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top