Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 11/27/2015 12:40:52 PM EDT
Hi,

I'm driving from CO to CA tomorrow and got to thinking. Does anyone now of a place close to I-15 between Beaver and St. George where I could pick up 10 standard capacity AR15 pmags for a reasonable price? SLC is too far out of the way on such a long drive. Thanks much!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Dixie Gun Worx in St. George has 30rnd PMAGs listed for $12.99.   There's also Red Rock Defense, but I wasn't able to quickly find what their PMAGs were listed for.  You could also try Wal Mart and see if they have any of the Mission First Tac magazines.

St. George is your best bet, since there's no "large" city until Spanish Fork/Payson area.  Everything between St. George and the I-70 exchange is going to be pricey...
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You rock! Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Stupid question, but why do you want to buy new Pmags?

You do realize that all Pmags are date stamped with their month and year of manufacture?  

If I lived in Colorado and was in the market for new magazines, I would buy magazines that did not have a manufacture date on them.  Then it would be (next to) impossible for anyone to prove when they were obtained.  But if your magazine has a manufacture date on it, that is post whatever the effective date of the law is, you just proved your own guilt.

I fully realize Colorado is not currently enforcing this law, but it would not surprise me if in 10 or 20 years newly elected sheriffs (who may hate guns having grown up in New York or California) don't send officers to the ranges to check on magazines.  The least I would do, if I were you, is buy a few non-dated metal magazines to use at the range on the off chance Colorado starts enforcing the law.

YMMV and good luck with living in an ever bluer state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
It's my understanding that most if not all online vendors can't/won't ship to CO due to the law there, enforced or not.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I apologize for the tone of my previous post.  

If I lived in Colorado and already had all of the range magazines I needed; I would also (like you) be in the market for additional Pmags for my SHTF stash.

If you ever head north to Wyoming, Sportsmans Warehouse in Cheyenne is well stocked with Pmags (and other standard capacity magazines).
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Since you're driving to Kalifornia (another state that hates freedom), I'd keep your suitcase closed and your mouth shut until you return to the land of the devil weed.

In the future, I've got a couple dozen still-in-the-bag Pmags that are pre-ban (from a Colorado standpoint). I'd be glad to trade them for new PMags.

I'm in Salt Lake, however.

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top