Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 9/14/2015 4:40:11 PM EDT
Hello, Utah. I'm making the trip up with an uncle to hunt in Beaver next week. He drew a deer tag (muzzleloader) I didn't I even applied for doe tags, but I told him I'd tag along. Is there anyway to get an over the counter tag for anything once there? Or possibility of buying someone else's tag (not likely)? Is there somewhere I should check out while I'm up there? My uncle hunts there every other year when he's drawn, but this is my first trip. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You should check out Beaver Sport and Pawn, It is one of the largest gun stores in the state and has a wide selection of both new and used.

As far as getting an over the counter tag, You are out of luck there and can not buy one off somebody, they are non transferable.

Now if you know some landowner in the area there is a chance of obtaining a landowner tag but they are usually for a Doe and have to be hunted on the private property of the landowner.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
While there--Be sire to go to the liquor store and buy a "Beaver Liquor" shirt....
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should check out Beaver Sport and Pawn, It is one of the largest gun stores in the state and has a wide selection of both new and used.

As far as getting an over the counter tag, You are out of luck there and can not buy one off somebody, they are non transferable.

Now if you know some landowner in the area there is a chance of obtaining a landowner tag but they are usually for a Doe and have to be hunted on the private property of the landowner.
View Quote

Thanks for the info, any major land owners want to help me get my first deer? Don't care if it's a doe, still meat in the freezer. I should get a deer tag next year for muzzleloader, it's normally every other year. Also maybe I'll bring my gun stask out there and check out the pawn shop.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#4]
QUESTION: My uncle will be hunting with muzzleloader, I am wondering if I am allowed to open carry a handgun during the hunt. Even though I don't have a tag. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
QUESTION: My uncle will be hunting with muzzleloader, I am wondering if I am allowed to open carry a handgun during the hunt. Even though I don't have a tag. Thanks
View Quote

I would think you'd be ok as long as you think a reasonable person would believe that your were in fact, not hunting.  

if your walking around with a g19 or something on your hip your probably ok.

your out there with some revolver with a 9 inch barrel, shooting sticks and a red dot on your pistol, probably going to have problems.

eta- if you don't have a ccw from some state that Utah recognizes, don't open carry with it loaded.  need 2 mechanical operations is definition of not loaded. so a revolver would need an empty spot in the cylinder where the hammer is and the following spot in cylinder empty as well.  semi auto= mag inserted, no round in chamber.  I think that's right
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top