Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2015 12:19:48 AM EDT
I am really looking forward to it.  That is all.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome - Lots to do, and a pretty good state to live in.  Moved here from Oregon 15 years ago.  It feels like home now.
Best,
Mike
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Where to?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been here about a year now, and rather enjoy it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where to?
View Quote
Logan

I lived in Idaho for four years so I I think I'll adapt well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Enjoy the clean air that lasts until November.

You may want to plan some excursions out of the winter smog to maintain your sanity.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#6]
What brings you to town? When do you arrive? We're in the middle of a huge heat wave right now. SSalt Lake City is projected to be over 100 for the next week or longer.

Anyway, welcome to the party, pal!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to move there when I retire.  So jelly!

I'm going there on vacation this fall, though.  Going to drive from SLC to Moab.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want to move there when I retire.  So jelly!

I'm going there on vacation this fall, though.  Going to drive from SLC to Moab.
View Quote

That's a great time of year for that drive.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What brings you to town? When do you arrive? We're in the middle of a huge heat wave right now. SSalt Lake City is projected to be over 100 for the next week or longer.

View Quote
I am coming out the end of August, I will be starting my Masters Degree.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol. I grew up in the southeast US. I love hearing the natives here complain about the weather. I hiked up to Ensign Peak today and my drawers weren't even soaking wet with sweat by the time I got to the top. In Alabama, you can't even walk to your mailbox with putting Gold Bond on your sack.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Utah is great but I'll be interested to see how it compares to Idaho.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:17:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lol. I grew up in the southeast US. I love hearing the natives here complain about the weather. I hiked up to Ensign Peak today and my drawers weren't even soaking wet with sweat by the time I got to the top. In Alabama, you can't even walk to your mailbox with putting Gold Bond on your sack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HEY!!  I hiked Ensign Peak this afternoon!  Were you with that youth group that were all wearing grey shirts?

I also agree with the laughing at the locals.  The car thermometer said it was 102 degrees when I started the hike and I didn't break a sweat the entire walk up
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:41:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
HEY!!  I hiked Ensign Peak this afternoon!  Were you with that youth group that were all wearing grey shirts?
I also agree with the laughing at the locals.  The car thermometer said it was 102 degrees when I started the hike and I didn't break a sweat the entire walk up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We backwoods, retarded, lowlander Utah residents are so fortunate to have two sources of inspiration like yourselves come to our humble little state. Please, tell us more stories about the Gold Bond, nutsack parts of America of which you have such knowledge and expertise.

Oh, and bless your hearts.

ETA: Truly, you picked a magnificent peak, filled with treacherous crevasses, and littered with the skeletal remains of fallen mountaineers to lord the supremacy of your previously powdered nutsack over us poor benighted natives.

Was this you in the pink? Or are you wearing the red hat?

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah I was with my wife.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We backwoods, retarded, lowlander Utah residents are so fortunate to have two sources of inspiration like yourselves come to our humble little state. Please, tell us more stories about the Gold Bond, nutsack parts of America of which you have such knowledge and expertise.    

ETA: Truly, you picked a magnificent peak, filled with treacherous crevasses, and littered with the skeletal remains of fallen mountaineers to lord the supremacy of your previously powdered nutsack over us poor benighted natives.

http://www.willhiteweb.com/ensign_peak/ensign_peak_trail.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey if the shoe fits I'll take 105° in the desert over 90° in Alabama, Mississippi, Florida or Georgia any day of the week.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im sorry if I offended you.  Not that I expect GD type of shenanigans in the HTF, but my comments were made in jest, only.  

I was however, pleasantly surprised that after standing in the direct sunlight, in a business suit for 15 minutes, then getting into the car to which it reads 102 F outside, that I wasn't even sweaty, that this is my first dealings with dry heat like this, I prefer also. (Holy-grammatically-correct-run-on-sentence).  This, after all morning hearing the radio announcers talk about how bad the heat has been recently.

I guess this would be as good a time to publicize to all in this thread that I, too, am a resident of the "lowlaner" state of Utah as of now.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate this dry heat bs.  It's like opening the oven door, it's still freaking hot.  Yes, it's not humid.  bfd.  It is still hot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#18]
The last few days have been brutal.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Triple digits.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Triple digits.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Triple digits.

How's this past week and its abnormal highs compare to the hottest part of the year, which is normally late July and August?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How's this past week and its abnormal highs compare to the hottest part of the year, which is normally late July and August?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Triple digits.

a little hotter than the average july/august day, although we did have a week or two like this last year.  this is my second summer, so i'll defer to the natives.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I love it here.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

a little hotter than the average july/august day, although we did have a week or two like this last year.  this is my second summer, so i'll defer to the natives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Triple digits.

Cool.  If this is as bad it get's then thats fine, haha.  Not trying to start anything else, but I kinda like the dry heat over, being wet and sticky.  It is still hot though, no doubt.

Ive only been here 5 days, but I love it so far.  Got a chance to head up to Snowbird for a day and secured an apartment downtown.  Now, all's I need is a good job, haha.

Even after such a short time here, I know I've made the right decision based on what I was looking for criteria-wise.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#24]
no question, it definitely beats the east coast humidity.  i'll take 105 and dry over 85 with 80% humidity any day.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#25]
One month out
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#26]
This is a shooter's paradise.  Link up with some of us for a blast.  Long-range shooting is especially fun here, as you can't bring enough rifle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

This is a shooter's paradise.  Link up with some of us for a blast.  Long-range shooting is especially fun here, as you can't bring enough rifle.
View Quote
I plan on it.

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top