Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 6/18/2015 2:35:12 PM EDT
Is there any place to get a rifle cerakoted in Southern Utah near Richfield?

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there any place to get a rifle cerakoted in Southern Utah near Richfield?

View Quote

I know Dixie Gun Worx does it but they are in St.  George.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#2]
According to Cerakote's page, the closest are American Fork and Cedar City, neither are particularly close to Richfield.

You might try contacting Jorgensen's Honda in Richfield and ask them if they know anyone: http://www.jhsport.com/
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Last I checked (few months ago) Dixie Gun Works lost their lease on their store, not sure if they're still operating.

Outlaw Action Sports in Cedar City does great work.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:06:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last I checked (few months ago) Dixie Gun Works lost their lease on their store, not sure if they're still operating.

Outlaw Action Sports in Cedar City does great work.
View Quote

Yes they are. Opened up a different shop on Sunset blvd.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I would not trust DGX with a 10-22 or Glock, let alone anything more technical.

Maybe the most dishonest guy I know and while he has a business license and a FFL, he is not a Gunsmith. If it was not for Sandy Hook causing a rush on buying guns, there is no way they would be in business.

Plus Outlaw Action Sports in Cedar is closer.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had four Glocks and a 10/22 cerakoted by Dixie Gun Worx. They did an excellent job. I would not hesitate to use them again in the future.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would not trust DGX with a 10-22 or Glock, let alone anything more technical.

Maybe the most dishonest guy I know and while he has a business license and a FFL, he is not a Gunsmith. If it was not for Sandy Hook causing a rush on buying guns, there is no way they would be in business.

Plus Outlaw Action Sports in Cedar is closer.
View Quote

Chris does great work. While he's not perfect I've been very happy with all the work he's done for me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have personally seen Chris damage guns very badly and still charge the customer full price without telling them what happened.

One example was Chris was drilling and tapping a Henry .22wmr lever actions barrel for a scope mount.  He drilled all the way into the bore with one of the holes!  
Now a reputable gunsmith would replace the barrel at this point and eat the cost of his mistake.  What did Chris do?  Well he loctited a set screw in that hole and covered it up with the scope base!  He then charged the customer for the job and did not tell him about the mistake.

I have seen him drill a 1911 frame with a dewalt hand drill so that a Ambi safety would fit without having to do fitting work to the oversized safety. Then when the Ambi safety was all sloppy in the oversized and not straigh hole in the 1911 frame, he blames the safety manufacture, and still charged the customer for a professional job.

I customer brought in a M-16A1 kit and a AR lower receiver that he wanted built. Chris put the Front Sight/Gas block on with set screws from the bottom instead of using the tapered pins that everybody else uses and were included in the kit. Why would he do something like that? Well he does not have the tools or confidence to do it right so he put a couple of cheesy set screws in it and charged the guy for a professional job.

I could tell you stories about people bringing in guns that they want to get repaired and him talking them into giving him their worthless un-fixable guns or selling them for $50 or less so that he can maybe one day use them for parts for another customer. Then he ships them off to real gunsmiths and has them repaired and then he turns around and sells them for a nice profit.

Now his old website talked about how he was trained by the Department of Energy and all that, what a crock of crap. He was a security guard that checked ID's at the gate.  When DGX was started, he did not know how to take apart a Glock, Ar-15, or 10-22 he had never taken any gun apart, but yet he was telling people he was a "Certified Gunsmith". Why don't you ask him why he was fired from the DOE? I bet he does not tell you the truth on that either.

I am telling you he is the most dishonest man I know personally, and I would not ever recommend his work to anybody. I could give you a long list of dishonest things he has done, and crappy jobs he passed off as professional etc, because I was his first employee, I taught him how to take apart a 10-22, AR15, Glock etc.  When I confronted him about telling people that we were certified gunsmiths and how I viewed that as dishonest, he told me it was only a "play on words" and he considers us to be gunsmiths.  

I got sick of all the dishonesty and shoddy jobs and quit DGX. You can say I am a disgruntled employee or whatever, but I have seen what goes on behind the scenes there, and I have seen Chris outright lie to many customers faces, he does not deserve to be in business or have another chance to cheat people out of their money.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have personally seen Chris damage guns very badly and still charge the customer full price without telling them what happened.

One example was Chris was drilling and tapping a Henry .22wmr lever actions barrel for a scope mount.  He drilled all the way into the bore with one of the holes!  
Now a reputable gunsmith would replace the barrel at this point and eat the cost of his mistake.  What did Chris do?  Well he loctited a set screw in that hole and covered it up with the scope base!  He then charged the customer for the job and did not tell him about the mistake.

I have seen him drill a 1911 frame with a dewalt hand drill so that a Ambi safety would fit without having to do fitting work to the oversized safety. Then when the Ambi safety was all sloppy in the oversized and not straigh hole in the 1911 frame, he blames the safety manufacture, and still charged the customer for a professional job.

I customer brought in a M-16A1 kit and a AR lower receiver that he wanted built. Chris put the Front Sight/Gas block on with set screws from the bottom instead of using the tapered pins that everybody else uses and were included in the kit. Why would he do something like that? Well he does not have the tools or confidence to do it right so he put a couple of cheesy set screws in it and charged the guy for a professional job.

I could tell you stories about people bringing in guns that they want to get repaired and him talking them into giving him their worthless un-fixable guns or selling them for $50 or less so that he can maybe one day use them for parts for another customer. Then he ships them off to real gunsmiths and has them repaired and then he turns around and sells them for a nice profit.

Now his old website talked about how he was trained by the Department of Energy and all that, what a crock of crap. He was a security guard that checked ID's at the gate.  When DGX was started, he did not know how to take apart a Glock, Ar-15, or 10-22 he had never taken any gun apart, but yet he was telling people he was a "Certified Gunsmith". Why don't you ask him why he was fired from the DOE? I bet he does not tell you the truth on that either.

I am telling you he is the most dishonest man I know personally, and I would not ever recommend his work to anybody. I could give you a long list of dishonest things he has done, and crappy jobs he passed off as professional etc, because I was his first employee, I taught him how to take apart a 10-22, AR15, Glock etc.  When I confronted him about telling people that we were certified gunsmiths and how I viewed that as dishonest, he told me it was only a "play on words" and he considers us to be gunsmiths.  

I got sick of all the dishonesty and shoddy jobs and quit DGX. You can say I am a disgruntled employee or whatever, but I have seen what goes on behind the scenes there, and I have seen Chris outright lie to many customers faces, he does not deserve to be in business or have another chance to cheat people out of their money.
View Quote

He told me what happened. Whether it's true or not I don't know. Chris has always been up front and honest with me. I doubt you know ALL the facts so it's probably best you don't run your mouth on a public forum. It's one thing to be mad at him or even steer customers away from him. It's another thing to air his personal business on here. That's just not right.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top