Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2015 10:32:10 PM EDT
We'll be in Park City next month for several weeks. It looks like there's a pretty cool indoor range there, but I'm also interested in doing some plinking out in the desert if possible. Are any outdoor ranges or BLM land where you can shoot in the vicinity.

I'll probably bring the 10/22 and a can for it.

Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There's an outdoor range not far at all that is suppressor-friendly (I don't know of any ranges that aren't.).

That's PMAA just down I-80 at Exit 134, South side.  You can't miss it.  $10 per head.

Or you can drive for about an hour and a half out to Grantsville, or passed Grantsville out to the West Desert near the Southwest end of the Salt Lake.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
PMAA is a great option.   100 yard range plus to the left is a canyon with steel every 100y out to 800.  They also have a 5 stage skeet range
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool!

Thanks so much for the info.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's an outdoor range not far at all that is suppressor-friendly (I don't know of any ranges that aren't.).

That's PMAA just down I-80 at Exit 134, South side.  You can't miss it.  $10 per head.

Or you can drive for about an hour and a half out to Grantsville, or passed Grantsville out to the West Desert near the Southwest end of the Salt Lake.
View Quote

Or go east towards Vernal, or towards the Uintah range, or east toward Evanston, or any number of little roads and highways.  tons of open land out there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or go east towards Vernal, or towards the Uintah range, or east toward Evanston, or any number of little roads and highways.  tons of open land out there.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Another option is to head south to Heber. There is a trap and skeet club there as well as an adjacent pistol and riflel range. Lots of Park City folks go there.
http://www.hebervalleytrapskeetclub.com/
http://bighollowheber.com/

Also, at PMAA, they have a 5-stand set up, but no trap or skeet. Just wanted to clear that up in case there was any confusion.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:47:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Does the PMAA range rent guns? It's hard to tell from the website. I'm in Park City as well for the week, but didn't bring anything with me.
Looks like Park City gun club is the only spot for rentals outside of Salt Lake, but 800 yards outside with steel is much more appealing than 25 yards indoor with paper targets..
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't think they rented. Was small office and looked like they just sold targets
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:49:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's a decent range and I use that when training others. Mike, the owner that lives there seems to be pretty nice too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a decent range and I use that when training others. Mike, the owner that lives there seems to be pretty nice too.

His name is Dave and he is the range master, not owner.  The range is actually owned by the PMAA, and they allow public use.  Dave is a great guy
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top