Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 6:57:36 PM EDT
Anyone hear anything. I have a female relative that lives neat St George and is claiming lots of military activity and possible government take over. Anyone know or seen anything?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing going on here, maybe she is hearing about Jade Helm 15 from the news or crazy word of mouth?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
A coworker of mine has been down in Iron County the last few weeks and said he has seen quite a bit of military helicopter activity. I know the guard unit in West Jordan has been a lot more active the past little while too. We always get Blackhawks and Apaches cruising around, but the last week or so has included increased traffic, multiple aircraft formations and Chinooks in the mix too.

I assume training, maybe Annual Training?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, it is drill weekend. It is excellent weather, and we DO have NG units in St. George. But that aside, why would they start with St. George? The golf courses?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a clue...and obviously she didn't either. She thought is was a land deal like the Bundy thing in Mesquite. Just trying to get information to clarify. I searched the net first and found nothing. Figured the people here would have more of a first hand clue.
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She thought is was a land deal like the Bundy thing in Mesquite.
View Quote

This is what came to mind. A member went to a LE confernce recently and posted that the presenters said "it wasn't over yet".
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
This type of training is completely normal, nothing at all to worry about.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A coworker of mine has been down in Iron County the last few weeks and said he has seen quite a bit of military helicopter activity. I know the guard unit in West Jordan has been a lot more active the past little while too. We always get Blackhawks and Apaches cruising around, but the last week or so has included increased traffic, multiple aircraft formations and Chinooks in the mix too.

I assume training, maybe Annual Training?
View Quote

Not AT for them yet. Aviation units just get all the funding and fly a fuckload. Especially in the non winter months.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Jade Helm.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Haven't seen anything unusual here.  I drive all over St. George, everyday and I haven't seen any military vehicles or personnel and I live close to the NG Armory.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone hear anything. I have a female relative that lives neat St George and is claiming lots of military activity and possible government take over. Anyone know or seen anything?
View Quote

"Gov't takeover" of WHAT?  I-15?  The gov already owns it!

There has been alot of trucks & supplies transferred from Active Duty to Reserves recently due to drawdowns & restructuring. Those units that dont pickup the vehicles then go to DRMS & then to State & local agencies. Then to other non-gov groups and then offered for public sale.

Should be a great year for surplus vehicles.

Will
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#11]
The last two times I have been heading South from SG there were Humvees and those trucks that carry the M109s heading North.  I didn't realize it was a conspiracy or I would have taken pics.

Other than that, the only evidence of a federal presence in town I have seen is the mailman.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Just another crashed UFO. nothing to worry about :)
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top