Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 3/18/2015 9:53:45 AM EDT
Here in SLC for a couple fo days looking for cheap/free things to see/do.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Temple Square is always a nice walk.
View Quote

Indeed.  Mormon or not, it's one of the things you should see in SLC.  Could go walk through the capitol as well as it's a pretty impressive building and location.

Have a car or not?

Take a half day and go up to wander around Park City main street area.  You can go out to the Great Salt Lake, but that's pretty much a "do so you can say you did it" thing as there's really not much to see or do.

Fort Douglas museum (on the Univ. of Utah campus).

Browning museum in Ogden.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
We went to the salt lake (now I can say I've been there) and are now eating Mexican in Magna
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How did you end up in Magna?

At El Habanero?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We went to the salt lake (now I can say I've been there) and are now eating Mexican in Magna

How did you end up in Magna?

At El Habanero?

Why yes, el Habanero...quite tasty

We then went to the temple and the geneology library.  A great way to blow an afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Where are you staying? How far are you willing to travel?

The Browning Firearm Museum in Ogden is always worth a visit, albeit not free. You can hop a Front Runner train in SLC and ride to Ogden if you don't want to drive. Or you could drive and hit the Hill AFB museum as well.

Browning Museum

Hill Aerospace Museum

Email me if you need anything. I am on duty until 0600 Thursday and back on at 0600 Friday for another 24hr shift.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I love air museums but sadly we have a schedule change and are leaving tomorrow.  Thanks for the help. The geneology library was really cool, and the temple park was nice.  The lake was, well I can say I have been there.

Thanks again fellow arfcommers
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The Lake and Magna, two of our finer attractions...
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The Lake and Magna, two of our finer attractions...
View Quote

Indeed.

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top