Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 3/17/2015 10:18:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]
All I can say, having been in the equipment rental business, and seen a ton of fly by night guys come and go over the last few years... carefully research before you choose.

How tall is the tree? Nearby structures? Fences? Other damageable property?

If it's not insane high (say 40 feet or less) and there are not too many nearby obstacles, you might consider renting a boom lift, and doing it yourself.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#3]
A co worker of mine hired Diamond tree service to cut down a big tree in his back yard. They got the job done accident free.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a guy cut down a cottonwood last year.  Hawaiian dude, climbed the tree with ropes. It was growing through my deck and about 10 feet from the house. Did a great job but Im not sure he was "A Licensed Tree Service"   I am going to use him again for sure if hes still around.  His price was about half of next lowest quote I got

Afa 714-658-8997
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
We've used Reliable Tree Care and we were happy with their work.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Cooper's Quality Tree Services
1775 Hayes Dr Layton, UT 84040
(801) 546-6039

They cut down a huge Globe Willow tree that split down the middle during the big December wind event a couple of years ago in Layton.  I believe it was $1,400 to cut it down and grind the stump.  It was at least 60' tall.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Prob a lil late, but I just had a guy take out two popular trees, one 60ft, other one near 80ft.

Firefighter & a good guy, best rates of anyone I dealt with before.

He charged my neighbor $350 to cut down and remove a tree (plumb), grind the stump, and kill it off.

I had him straight just knock over my trees (I do the cleanup and stump), I paid (with tip) $200
(Noting he gave me a discount since he was already at my neighbors)

Campos Cutters (Jason)
801-389-4592
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Utah, should be lots of tree cutter folks there. It is amazing to see how they cut the trees close to homes and utility wires. I couldn't do it.

Tie off yourself, the tree you are attached to, the section of tree you are cutting, and your saw after climbing an unfriendly tree 40 feet in the air.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top