Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2014 1:45:24 PM EDT
Having watched the news for the SLC area over the past week (cable is down and only have the HD tuner), I noticed there is a severe liberal leaning on some reports. Others are pretty good. I was surprised at the media's support for the local protests over Ferguson, the anti-LE view over another recent shooting, and questioning the need to carry firearms.

Has this been a slippery slope of liberal penetration or has it suddenly taken over?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Libs have dominated the traditional media for quite a while.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Libs have dominated the traditional media for quite a while.
View Quote

This ^^^^^^

Not to mention that here we tend to "report" as if opinion represents the facts - makes for controversy, which is intended to get more viewers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Salt Lake City (particularly the Avenues, Sugarhouse, Federal Heights and the U of U) and Park City have always been liberal bastions in Utah. Nothing new here. They just can't ever seem to understand why us conservative yokels and bumpkins (and this is how they view the rest of the state) don't want to go along with their liberal view of paradise.

Oh, and always make sure you carry (legally) at the U of U. They absolutely hate it and can't do anything about it.

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I was just surprised to see the liberal propaganda. The wife wanted me to turn it off, which means it has to be pretty bad!

Carrying in some of those places is why I went and paid for the CCW permit. There is no LEO exemption in the statutes, so I wanted to make sure I was covered just in case I ran into some liberal, I mean legal, trouble.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are the people who are very bitter about liven in Utah. Vocal minority and all that. Hardly a liberal paradise though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#6]
KSL is pretty left-leaning.

Honestly, most every issue that comes up, Doug Wright spends thirty minutes repeating and pontificating about how "I'm a conservative guy, and I have LDS heritage, and I have rural roots, and I'm a great all around dude, and I'm a conservative, and I have Mormon roots, and I grew up in Utah, and I'm with all of you, and blah, blah, blah", and when he's done with his speech, he says "BUUUuuuuuuuut......", and then goes on to support a liberal position.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Doug Wright is a POS.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad I'm not the only one who can't stand Doug Wright.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Won't listen to him anymore. Described above perfect. Stupid radio spots, too. My lib friend listens every day, enough said.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
We had the sister missionaries over for dinner yesterday...

When they introduced themselves, one was from "Salt Lake City."

Being from Salt Lake County... I always say, "I am from Salt Lake City, graduated from Bingham High." Once I moved out of Utah... I don't usually want to do a whole geography of the valley thing... Usually, I don't have to explain myself... Its all one big valley anyway...  Nobody knows or cares...

But... Yep... Sure enough... She *was* from Salt Lake City... Olympus High.

The *one* active LDS girl in Salt Lake City... And they send her out of the state...
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Being from Salt Lake County... I always say, "I am from Salt Lake City, graduated from Bingham High." Once I moved out of Utah... I don't usually want to do a whole geography of the valley thing... Usually, I don't have to explain myself... Its all one big valley anyway...  Nobody knows or cares...

The *one* active LDS girl in Salt Lake City... And they send her out of the state...
View Quote

The new Bingham High, or the old one in Copperton?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I *attended* the old one in Copperton... For *Jr* High...

The new one was where I attended and graduated HS from...
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Salt Lake City (particularly the Avenues, Sugarhouse, Federal Heights and the U of U) and Park City have always been liberal bastions in Utah. Nothing new here. They just can't ever seem to understand why us conservative yokels and bumpkins (and this is how they view the rest of the state) don't want to go along with their liberal view of paradise.

View Quote

Oh, and always make sure you carry (legally) at the U of U. They absolutely hate it and can't do anything about it.

You forgot Moab.

Moab is full to the brim with Subarus and granola.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live on 5th East in Copperton. Well now it is called Apex Rd. SL County put us on the County grid addresses a couple years ago. Did you live in Copperton or just come to school here?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Won't listen to him anymore. Described above perfect. Stupid radio spots, too. My lib friend listens every day, enough said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know that moron was still on the air. Stopped listening to Doug Left years ago. I do like Rod's afternoon show on KSL.

Speaking about ccw and the U, does anybody know if the military museum up there is school property or military?
I have not been in years. I need to stop some time
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I didn't know that moron was still on the air. Stopped listening to Doug Left years ago. I do like Rod's afternoon show on KSL.
Speaking about ccw and the U, does anybody know if the military museum up there is school property or military?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What museum are you talking about? There is the Army ROTC building and the Navy building just north of President's circle (and the ROTC building has a pistol range in it ). But I don't remember a museum.

ETA: How about Fort Douglas? The University owns it, but it's under the "sponsorship" of the Utah National Guard and under "license" of the US Army Reserve.

So, the U of U owns it, but I'm not sure if it would be considered a US installation, at least from a CCW perspective. I might be a little hesitant to carry in any of the Fort Douglas Buildings.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:13:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Ft Douglas would be it. I don't get out that way very often, not to familiar with the SL area other than a few gun shops.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#18]
DO NOT carry on Fort Douglas. It is federal property, as far as I know. Signs marked "US Government Property" all over the fences.

That being said, there is almost never a guard at the gate.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#19]
First issue of CITY WEEKLY I picked up and read I thought I'd opened an issue of San Francisco's the Bay.
I still read it to keep tabs on enemy movements. Can't fucking stand liberals.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top