Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2014 9:22:59 PM EDT
So got talking to a coworker, he mentioned rabbit hunting/shooting on the island. Is it legal? Figured it wouldn't be with it being a state park or along those lines.
I'm originally from ut county, and moved up in davis county for work.
Any info appreciated
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I have ridden the mountain bike trail on the island, that I thought was on BLM land, and did not see any signage saying shooting/hunting was not allowed. I saw some brass out there in a couple locations as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I've taken scouts out there to blast stuff and clean up.  Shooting is allowed on BLM land.  Just don't mess with the salt factory and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 1:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are talking about Stansbury Island, accessed from the south end of lake, out by Tooele and Grantsville, it's mostly BLM land, and open to hunting/shooting.

If you are really asking about Antelope Island, accessed from the causeway at the end of Antelope Drive in Syracuse, it is closed to all hunting except a few limited entry big game hunts.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome,  thanks. Ya I'm referring to Stansbury by Tooele exit. Any decent jack rabbit population or yotes? Or pretty much non existent?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome,  thanks. Ya I'm referring to Stansbury by Tooele exit. Any decent jack rabbit population or yotes? Or pretty much non existent?
View Quote

Wherever people go commonly, rabbits are almost always hunted quite heavily.  I wouldn't expect to see many (if any) on the island.

If you want to find a bunch of bunnies, you have to get away from towns (even very small ones) and recreation areas.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]
out there 2 weeks ago and the only wildlife was a kegger and some pallet burning teens. No rabbits, no coyotes. I've heard Spanish Fork, but haven't driven that far to confirm.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay. That's what i figured.  Coming from UT county, and having  shot on the west side of the lake before it got crazy, i remember times pushing brush and having jack's scatter in front of you.

Guess I'll have to make longer trips up here also to find em...
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top