Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 8/12/2014 12:12:15 AM EDT
So myself and fiancee will be in St George/Hurricane for USPSA handgun Nationals September 24th-29th.

I grew up 45 mins outside of Kanab and spent summers fishing lakes and creeks around Tropic, Navajo, Pine, etc.
I moved down to Phx for school and work after high school. Not being able to fish those high altitude UT trout lakes is one of the biggest things I hate about living in Phoneix. I haven't made it back up for a good 3 years recently.

Should be free Thursday and Saturday starting at 1pm. I want to go fish the afternoons and come back to the hotel at dark. I'm looking for lakes under 2 hours away. So far from google maps I'm seeing Navajo and Kolob.

I've never been to Kolob, is it worth it? I'm looking for shore fishing, catch are release with spinners (or fly rod if I remember how). Any other places you recommend? Feel free to PM me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Tons of fish up at Kolob Reservoir but they aren't very big.
We just took the Boy Scouts up there last week.
If you want to reel in fish all day it's fun though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
http://wildlife.utah.gov/hotspots/

Enterprise is probably your best bet, although it is not exactly alpine.  Every time we have been there is the last few years we have done well.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top