Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2014 9:30:05 AM EDT
I'm a PA guy and I just sent off my application for a non-resident permit.

Any idea what the turn around time is for a permit?  Does an out of state take the same about of time as in state?

Just curious.  I'm not in a hurry, but I'm a PA resident living about 1/8 mile from the DE border.  (DE doesn't recognize PA, but does recognize UT)

I can't CCW if I make a right turn out my driveway
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
60 days is average for residents.  I have no idea if the wait is different for non-residents.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Any idea what the turn around time is for a permit?  Does an out of state take the same about of time as in state?

Just curious.  I'm not in a hurry, but I'm a PA resident living about 1/8 mile from the DE border.  (DE doesn't recognize PA, but does recognize UT)

View Quote

It's a 60-day MAXIMUM as part of the shall issue law here.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

60 days would not be an inconvenience.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea what the turn around time is for a permit? Does an out of state take the same about of time as in state?

Just curious. I'm not in a hurry, but I'm a PA resident living about 1/8 mile from the DE border. (DE doesn't recognize PA, but does recognize UT)

It's 60 days from the date that they open the envelope, process your payment and start the process. A year ago, that could take up to 3 weeks from submission. As of now, well, I have no more current information.

They never mentioned a separate line for UT res and non-Res in the application queue. Since they process the applications the same way for both, I'd have to assume it's just one workflow that handles both.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got my resident permit and It took exactly 45 days from the day I mailed it. I am sure it's the same for non residents.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mailed my non-res app on May 27th (Tuesday after Memorial Day), was received by BCI on Friday  May 30th, and my permit was in my mailbox on July 7th (Monday after the 4th of July weekend). That's 41 days, mailbox to mailbox.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
41 days?
That's pretty good.

I'll have to ask about current processing times when I'm out there in October.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
41 days? That's pretty good.

I'll have to ask about current processing times when I'm out there in October.
View Quote

I think so too... it took me 40 days (box to box) to get my resident WI, and 42 days to renew my FL.

The time on the WI is misleading. Our CCW law went into effect on Nov 1, 2011. The WI Department of Justice handles applications, and no application could be postmarked prior to 11/1/11. So there was a big influx of apps mailed in on the 1st day (mine included) for the brand new law, and wait times were much longer than they are now. Currently, now that things have calmed down, turnaround is only 7-10 days. Fee is $40 for 5 yrs.... no prints, no photo.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Just came in the mail today.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:18:57 AM EDT
[#10]
IIRC, the law says that they must process your application within 60 days.

However, the law provides absolutely no penalty for them if they don't, so it's toothless.  Still, with the exception of a few years back when they were completely SWAMPED with applications (2/3 of which were from out-of-state), they've always come in under 60 days, to my knowledge.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top