Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 4/16/2014 11:36:39 AM EDT
Well this sucks.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=29498436&nid=148&title=13-tons-of-garbage-cleaned-up-at-lake-mountain&s_cid=queue-4

Quit leaving your fucking trash out there.  My 10 minute drive to shoot is going to turn into 45 if I have to go out to the west desert every time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
It's probably not even about the trash.  I don't think they want us shooting out there at all.  Their closing the area off to everyone.  Fences, gates, cement barriers.  The entire area down to Soldiers pass road will be closed off to everyone.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
A few years back I organized a cleanup of that area. I know some of you were there. We took a lot of big stuff off the mountain that had been there for quite a few years. Maybe it's time to do it again. Maybe get there BEFORE the Kumbaya Coalition does.

Anyone interested? I think BLM provided a large dumpster last time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's probably not even about the trash.  I don't think they want us shooting out there at all.  Their closing the area off to everyone.  Fences, gates, cement barriers.  The entire area down to Soldiers pass road will be closed off to everyone.
View Quote

I think you're right. Even four years after the last cleanup, it's much better than it was. Fewer appliances and large items. Hell, I removed a shot to hell boat that was 400 feet up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
There's nothing out there like that now.  A few computers/tvs/tires and that's about it.  

I'd like to know where KSL gets the 13 tons from if they haven't even done the clean up yet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I went out there this afternoon.  Hadn't been in about 10 days.

Someone is building a fence, erected barriers, installing gates from the mine all the way to Soldiers Pass Road.  This can't be cheap and must of been in the works for a while now.  It looks like a vehicle access on the west side of Utah Lake will be shut off completely.  This goes beyond the School land.  There is BLM/state land that can't be accessed now.

Soldiers Pass sucks for shooting.  Pistol or Shotgun at most and good luck on a weekend.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
its to bad a bunch of SLOBS ruin a good place for the rest if us.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few years back I organized a cleanup of that area. I know some of you were there. We took a lot of big stuff off the mountain that had been there for quite a few years. Maybe it's time to do it again. Maybe get there BEFORE the Kumbaya Coalition does.

Anyone interested? I think BLM provided a large dumpster last time.
View Quote

It might be too late at this point to change course on the closures, but it might be a good gesture to do one last cleanup before we're entirely blocked out.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top