Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 5:20:39 PM EDT
I'll be in the area from Sat-Tues for a wedding. Suggestions on things to do in the Yachats area? Already planning on visiting the state park, and going to see Thor's Well. 
I'd love suggestions for good seafood restaurants, and brewpub type places. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a seafood joint up in Newport, Local Ocean, that we like a lot.

Newport's about 30 minutes north of Yachats.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#2]
There's those smelly sea lion caves to check out too. Newport has an aquarium that isn't very impressive and a brewery with bad beer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, Local Ocean in Newport is worth the drive.
I also like The Bridgewater in Florence. It's closed Tuesdays.
Heceta Head and the Hobbit Trail are also worth checking out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The wedding, and the whole trip was great. Weather was a relief from FL summers! We took a tour of the Rogue brewery in Newport, and that was fun. Spent lots of time around Yachats, and did lots of trail exploring along the coast. I would love to return and explore the coastal areas of Oregon on my own trip some other time. The only negatives were the gas prices, and some of the angry leftist locals who inhabit the area. Other than that, most of the locals were great, and we ate lots of great seafood at local restaurants.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The wedding, and the whole trip was great. Weather was a relief from FL summers! We took a tour of the Rogue brewery in Newport, and that was fun. Spent lots of time around Yachats, and did lots of trail exploring along the coast. I would love to return and explore the coastal areas of Oregon on my own trip some other time. The only negatives were the gas prices, and some of the angry leftist locals who inhabit the area. Other than that, most of the locals were great, and we ate lots of great seafood at local restaurants.
View Quote
but you didnt have to pump it...so you had that going for you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top