BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2017 11:10:23 PM EDT
MARYS PEAK CLEAN-UP

News Release from Benton Co. Sheriff's Office
Posted on FlashAlert: June 2nd, 2017 11:04 AM
Downloadable file: 06-02_17_marys_peak_clean_up_copy.docx
Downloadable file: marys_peak.rtfd.zip
CORVALLIS, Ore. - The Benton County Sheriff's Office, Bureau of Land Management, and the United States Forest Service are sponsoring a Clean-Up Day at a popular target shooting site on Marys Peak on Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 9a.m. -- 2p.m.

Volunteers are welcome and needed for the event. Interested individuals should come to the Rock Quarry on Marys Peak Road at Mile Post Four. Volunteers are asked to bring a pair of gloves. Everything else will be supplied.

Door prizes have been donated by several local businesses who are supporting this effort.

"People have been target shooting up at the rock quarry for years but have left behind a lot of trash. We hope to get a good turnout of volunteers to help clean up this area so it can continue to be enjoyed by recreational target shooters," says Corporal Al Schermerhorn, Forest Deputy for the Benton County Sheriff's Office.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is the quarry?  I tried locating it a couple weeks ago when I was in the area.  Never did find it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
never been there, but I believe it is:
44.48, -123.54
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
44.48, -123.54
View Quote
You're probably right.  Drove right by it 3 or 4 times because they had boulders piled across the access road.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:43:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I've never been there either but saw the notice and thought I'd try to make it if my work schedule allowed. I'm in the valley about half the time for work and that would be a fairly handy spot to target shoot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
44.48, -123.54
View Quote
44.47951 -123.53968
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

44.47951 -123.53968
View Quote
So, do you have to hike your gear in from the main road?  When I drove by they had large boulders across the gravel access road just west of the wide spot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So, do you have to hike your gear in from the main road?  When I drove by they had large boulders across the gravel access road just west of the wide spot.
View Quote
Sorry for the long ass delay.

Yeah, you do have to walk in. I've never seen boulders across the road, just the gate at the bottom of the little hill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top