Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 1:42:43 AM EDT
I'll be road tripping this summer in Oregon and I was planning to bring possibly 3 handguns.

One pocket handgun, one full size handgun with 15 round mags, and one .500 S&W revolver.

As I understand it, I won't be allowed to CCW in Oregon with my MO permit (no reciprocity).

1. What other gun laws should I be aware of? Can I at least keep a loaded handgun in my vehicle with me?

2. What areas of Oregon and/or Portland should I definitely try to avoid for safety reasons?

....And anything else I should be aware of?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/faq
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Pay attention to the areas where open carry is not allowed without a ccw. Multnomah county, tigard, Salem, etc. this applies to a vehicle in certain cases.

And you won't really find places you need to avoid. Enjoy your trip!
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a crime map of the Portland area: Crime Map - Portland Area
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top