Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 10:05:35 PM EDT
Hey all!

I'm looking for some recommendations on an Oregon carbine course. What have others used, did you like them etc. I live in Central Oregon and have come across Oregon Precision Firearms Training in Bend and outside of CO, Defensive Firearms instruction in Eugene as well as a few that look a little less popular. I'd like to keep the price around $300 and under.

I'm new to the site so if there's a better place to post this please do let me know,

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
540 Tactical is doing one in March that is a fundraiser for Clackamas County SWAT medics. Discounted price is $200 for the charity. It's going to be at Douglas Ridge. I'm signed up. Info HERE.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Oregon Firearms Academy
Near Brownsville. Good bunch. They were still improving their facility the last time I was there, but it was already nice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Oops, looks like they are shutting down. Sad to see them go. I was wanting to try to make it back up that way for a little refresher.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:51:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oops, looks like they are shutting down. Sad to see them go. I was wanting to try to make it back up that way for a little refresher.
View Quote

That's a bummer. I took their DH1 class the one time that they were allowed to have it at Tri-County and it was a solid course.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thunder Ranch in Lakeview
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I've looked into Thunder Ranch but at the end of the day it's a bit over my price range once you add in hotel+food for 2-3 days.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've looked into Thunder Ranch but at the end of the day it's a bit over my price range once you add in hotel+food for 2-3 days.
View Quote

Don't forget lead-free ammo.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't forget lead-free ammo.
View Quote

And what's the wait like to get into a class?
That's what was nice about OFA. You could actually get into a class without having to wait 2 years and the instructors were all Thunder Ranch trained.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out immediate action concepts. Class next Sunday at Douglas Ridge. He just posted his 2017 schedule on his site. It's one day, but he's pretty good about not teaching to the lowest common denominator
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#10]
That looks like a great option. I'm going to look into them some more.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oregon Firearms Academy
Near Brownsville. Good bunch. They were still improving their facility the last time I was there, but it was already nice.
View Quote

I just clicked on the link to their website, and it says they are all retiring, and they are closing down.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
https://firearmsacademy.com/

I've taken a couple classes up there.  Marty is a good instructor.

Its not actually in Seattle. It is about a 90 min drive from Portland so still have to factor in a hotel or a long ass drive.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I ended up signing up with Immediate Action Concepts in June. I'll report back when finished!

Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Good to hear. I'm hoping to get out to one of his pistol courses in the next few months. I think having his classes at DR should bring a few more people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top