Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2016 8:08:51 PM EDT
I just got an email from RRC Firearms (in Gaston, I believe) saying they were having a 40% "going out of business sale."  The email kinda implied that the closing was old news, but it was the first I had heard about it.

Anyone know the scoop?  Did the Internet get to them?  Were they counting on a post-election panic that didn't happen?  Are they just tired of being a firearms retailer?

For those who don't know they operated online and out of their house.  A little weird operating out of their home, but I have to say the guys who ran the business were very responsive and friendly during the two times I bought a firearm from them.  

I'm just curious why they're exiting the business is all.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a member on here had an FFL and SOT and he operated in rural WashCo out of his home shop as well.  He got forced out due to .gov meddling.  The current admin has started enforcing rules about local permitting for firearms sellers.  He got put out because the ATF called the county and apparently he needed some $1600/yr permit to do what he is doing and he would also have to meet a bunch of other ADA BS like making everything handicap accessible and they would also have to do a full inspection of his house, even though he ran it out of his shop.  It was a bunch of crap and completely unnecessary.  Red tape is killing a lot of businesses in this state.  Really want to move to Idaho where stuff is a lot more friendly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a member on here had an FFL and SOT and he operated in rural WashCo out of his home shop as well.  He got forced out due to .gov meddling.  The current admin has started enforcing rules about local permitting for firearms sellers.  He got put out because the ATF called the county and apparently he needed some $1600/yr permit to do what he is doing and he would also have to meet a bunch of other ADA BS like making everything handicap accessible and they would also have to do a full inspection of his house, even though he ran it out of his shop.  It was a bunch of crap and completely unnecessary.  Red tape is killing a lot of businesses in this state.  Really want to move to Idaho where stuff is a lot more friendly.
View Quote

Sounds like the gubment plan worked just as designed
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like the gubment plan worked just as designed
View Quote

yup.  I have been told by 3-4 FFL's to NOT get an FFL unless I can't avoid it.  As there is no money in it from a retail perspective.  If you are ambitious you can make a go of it, but the margins are crap, the fees can get stupid especially if you want to become an SOT, and the constant "in yo bunz" regulations and ever changing opinion of law make it very unfriendly to upstarts.  It eventually steals your soul and many end up just saying F this and bail.  And that was before the current admin went all executive order on the industry.  I have thought about getting my FFL to do smith work and the like but it's just too much of a headache.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top