Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2016 7:27:52 PM EDT
Has anyone run the numbers on where we stand as far as partisan votes in the house or senate?
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
the D's still have majority on both sides, but no super majority in either, so that is good.  I hope the gov elect screws up bad in someway and richardson gets to take over.  That would be nice.  I just hate the fact that enough neo-libs moved into my district to turn it from R to D and elected that POS McLain.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
One party rule in Oregon (STILL).
Expect a magazine ban,for sure.  An "Assault Weapons" ban, and I'm thinking...a cooling off "Waiting Period" after a sale.
Sorry for going dark so soon after the election.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess the only hope is that the NRA can focus its attention on Oregon & Washington instead of nationally.

Outside of that and the usual protests.. not sure what else we can do.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One party rule in Oregon (STILL).
Expect a magazine ban,for sure.  An "Assault Weapons" ban, and I'm thinking...a cooling off "Waiting Period" after a sale.
Sorry for going dark so soon after the election.
View Quote

Boise inbound. Taking my ass to the land of the free! Red state in a now Rep run country!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard a clip of the brown turd on the radio today
Something about can we get on with gun control now....
As if guns are a major problem in this state.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:05:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Makes me wonder if she had a deal with Bloomberg or something.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:27:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Simply put, Brown and her cadre can take their gun control plans and blow them out their collective asses.  No fucks given here.  It's a BIG state.

That blithering, flip-flopping idiot Arnie Roblan barely kept his seat and I'll be sending him an e-mail to remind him that he'd better behave moving forward.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:56:54 AM EDT
[#8]
http://gov.oregonlive.com/election/

Looks like without a super majority, they'd have to turn republican votes to get anything to pass.

And hopefully some democrats will think twice before voting partisan if they're in red districts...

Long as things stay partisan for the awful stuff, seems like it might be ok for now... Still donating to OFF.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Looks like without a super majority, they'd have to turn republican votes to get anything to pass.

And hopefully some democrats will think twice before voting partisan if they're in red districts...

Long as things stay partisan for the awful stuff, seems like it might be ok for now... Still donating to OFF.
View Quote

My understanding is that they only need the supermajority to raise taxes. They can pass other bills along party lines all day long.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My understanding is that they only need the supermajority to raise taxes. They can pass other bills along party lines all day long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And half a day of good blood pressure......

Back to normal now.. thanks..

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:53:18 AM EDT
[#11]
We need to get every single gun owner at the capital steps so that they will see how many of us there are.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:16:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We need to get every single gun owner at the capital steps so that they will see how many of us there are.
View Quote

They saw how many of us there were on election day - not enough.

What are the chances a federal law will stop states from passing unconstitutional anti-gun laws?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:Quoted:What are the chances a federal law will stop states from passing unconstitutional anti-gun laws?
View Quote

Approximately zero.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What are the chances a federal law will stop states from passing unconstitutional anti-gun laws?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the 10th amendment  and the marijuanas at the state level.  Same thing with guns.  But hopefully there is more push back from the Sheriffs this time.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Not to discourage protests (we should do everything we can). People like Burdick and Prozanski are going to be unmoved by a protest. Is there anything else we can do to pressure them into voting no?

Before recall elections were largely unsuccessful because Kate Brown was secretary of state and from what I understand she has to approve the recall election after enough signatures are collected. Of course that did not happen with her, but now we have Richardson as SoS. Maybe they would be more successful now.

I know places like Linn and Lane county have democrat senators, but they also have a lot of gun ownership. They may be good places to preemptively start recall efforts as soon as any legislation is proposed.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Everyone should make sure to use their political tax credit and donate to Oregon Firearms Federation. Sign up for their action alerts. Be ready to engage the process when the inevitable fight comes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure I saw somewhere that she had half a million deals with bloomturd.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

They don't care. With the exception of one senator, they will follow the party line. Roblin is in no trouble whatsoever since he's got a seat for the next 4 years. Reminding him that he barely won doesn't mean anything to him. Just like reminding Brian Clem that he was Tina Kotecs' bitch made no difference whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Everyone should make sure to use their political tax credit and donate to Oregon Firearms Federation. Sign up for their action alerts. Be ready to engage the process when the inevitable fight comes.
View Quote

Ding, ding, ding, We Have A Winner!
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he donated. A quid pro quo. Who cares. It is not illegal and how politics works.

But it does mean we will see a magazine ban for sure next year. I believe it will pass
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#21]
A lot of quitters in this thread. I'm guilty myself.

I didn't want to have to move next year.

So how many votes do we need and what's the easiest way to get them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A lot of quitters in this thread. I'm guilty myself.

I didn't want to have to move next year.

So how many votes do we need and what's the easiest way to get them.
View Quote

Have a solid plan before you bail, turning this state is unlikely but if everyone leaves its a definite. I get seeing the tide rising and leaving the beach though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm not leaving. I have too much to stay for. I will fight this, and other infringements, for my kids- even if a magazine ban passes. I wish you guys leaving would stick around a little bit, and fight back.

I'm already a member off NRA, OFF, and I just joined GOA. I will write letters, even more this time, and I will attend the rallies that I have not attended in the past.
I am going to be more involved politically in my locale... not sure how yet, but if more Republicans would go out and fill positions, and be a counter voice to the liberal nonsense that is sweeping the nation, we could go on the offensive with our gun rights, instead of always being on defense. Politically I have been a lazy gun owner, but I am changing that.

We fought SB941, and it still got shoved down our throats, with no political ramifications for those that pushed it. I have a horrible sinking feeling about this. I see no way for it to be stopped. The liberal population centers have completely dominated the rest of the state in the legislature and the Governor's office. This has to be fixed somehow.

With Trump's victory, and a Republican Congress, maybe freedom loving Oregonians can get some help to fight this effectively.

Who knows what else is going to come up next session... It won't be just the mag cap, there will be something else. Whatever passes, I will not comply.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I hope no one is a 'quiter' but it does not mean we will not lose.
All we can do is call and write often. Also why are there no signs
In any gunshop about trying to stop the magazine ban. We have
To make it seem like the worst thing ever. When trump got elected
The left screamed about the republicans setting up internment camps.
We should do the same.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 3:52:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I'm not leaving. I have too much to stay for. I will fight this, and other infringements, for my kids- even if a magazine ban passes. I wish you guys leaving would stick around a little bit, and fight back.

I'm already a member off NRA, OFF, and I just joined GOA. I will write letters, even more this time, and I will attend the rallies that I have not attended in the past.

I am going to be more involved politically in my locale... not sure how yet, but if more Republicans would go out and fill positions, and be a counter voice to the liberal nonsense that is sweeping the nation, we could go on the offensive with our gun rights, instead of always being on defense. Politically I have been a lazy gun owner, but I am changing that.

We fought SB941, and it still got shoved down our throats, with no political ramifications for those that pushed it. I have a horrible sinking feeling about this. I see no way for it to be stopped. The liberal population centers have completely dominated the rest of the state in the legislature and the Governor's office. This has to be fixed somehow.

With Trump's victory, and a Republican Congress, maybe freedom loving Oregonians can get some help to fight this effectively.

Who knows what else is going to come up next session... It won't be just the mag cap, there will be something else. Whatever passes, I will not comply.
View Quote
That's what I'm worried about.  These asshats are most likely crafting this shit as we speak.  They'll hit the ground running

and whatever the bill will be will be a disaster for us.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#26]
We just got screwed, Val Hoyle is back.

http://www.blueoregon.com/2009/09/word-on-the-street-val-hoyle-to-replace-chris-edwards-in-hd-14/

She is now my rep, damn it. I sent my emails, but it didn't make a damn bit of difference, she was unanimously chosen.

She was the one who sponsored SB941, and uses the emergency clause with regularity. She is the worst person Lane County commissioners could have chosen.

Things just got a lot tougher for freedom loving Oregonians.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I read up on her, typical resume for libtard leadership
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We just got screwed, Val Hoyle is back.

http://www.blueoregon.com/2009/09/word-on-the-street-val-hoyle-to-replace-chris-edwards-in-hd-14/

She is now my rep, damn it. I sent my emails, but it didn't make a damn bit of difference, she was unanimously chosen.

She was the one who sponsored SB941, and uses the emergency clause with regularity. She is the worst person Lane County commissioners could have chosen.

Things just got a lot tougher for freedom loving Oregonians.
View Quote

OFF sent out an email today stating that Val Hoyle did NOT get the spot.  It was given to Jim Manning instead.

Hoyle got kicked to the curb.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OFF sent out an email today stating that Val Hoyle did NOT get the spot.  It was given to Jim Manning instead.

Hoyle got kicked to the curb.
View Quote

Step aside homely white lady with katebrown glasses, we got a black guy instead!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Step aside homely white lady with katebrown glasses, we got a black guy instead!
View Quote

Just like 2008
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I saw/read something the other day...(Can anyone verify this for me?).

While the dims are chomping at the bit to impose California-Style shit on us this time around....
it seems that they CAN'T raise taxes (Their Ultimate goal) without some Republican assistance.

Can the Republicans use that leverage to kill the gun control bills they want to impose on us?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I saw/read something the other day...(Can anyone verify this for me?).

While the dims are chomping at the bit to impose California-Style shit on us this time around....
it seems that they CAN'T raise taxes (Their Ultimate goal) without some Republican assistance.

Can the Republicans use that leverage to kill the gun control bills they want to impose on us?
View Quote

Yes, that is the direction that OFF is going. The question is are the Republicans willing to hold the line together over gun rights. I doubt they will, unless they get a lot of support from their constituency to do it.

Glad to see that my post above was bullshit, Val Hoyle would have been the worst. Jay Bozievich, one of the two commissioners who voted for Val Hoyle, posted in a buddy's facebook feed that the guy they selected wants more gun control, just like Val. He has not been bought by Bloomberg.... yet. So this was a bit of a win for us. Small, but a win.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Guess the only hope is that the NRA can focus its attention on Oregon & Washington instead of nationally.

View Quote

LOL NRA? I asked the NRA why I saw no effort to stop the background on private transfers and possession. They told me that OREGON is a blue state and very little can be done. The NRA will not get another cent from me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

LOL NRA? I asked the NRA why I saw no effort to stop the background on private transfers and possession. They told me that OREGON is a blue state and very little can be done. The NRA will not get another cent from me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not so much in this thread, but I've typically shown my support for OFF more than the NRA for reasons you speak of.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#35]
I keep my NRA membership current but depend on OFF to defend us here in Oregon. A little extra money and lot of extra activism can make the difference between being able to buy standard capacity magazines or not. Don't be one of those people who has regrets after the fact. Talk to friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:31:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I keep my NRA membership current but depend on OFF to defend us here in Oregon. A little extra money and lot of extra activism can make the difference between being able to buy standard capacity magazines or not. Don't be one of those people who has regrets after the fact. Talk to friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc.
View Quote

+1 - Sent more to OFF in December.

Considering a move East to ID, but Oregon is home, and I hate to see what is happening here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I only keep a basic membership to NRA, and OFF. any extra $ goes to OFF, as the NRA seems to have forsaken us here in Oregon.

I am doing my best to win the hearts and minds of as many non shooters as I can... Christmas 2015 I gave 3 lowers to liberal minded friends. Christmas 2016 I gave 5 lowers to friends who do not own semi auto rifles. All of them have kids... which is how I explained why I was giving something to them they may not want. They may not want an AR15, but their children might... and by the time they are of age, their kids may not be able to get one. 2 of them were butthurt initially, and all 8 wives were not happy with me. 7 of those lowers are now built into complete rifles, and the eighth is almost built... by the friends who are not gun people. All of them loved it, and want to build more. it cost me $400, plus the hassle of the transfers, but I convinced 8 families that the AR15 is a useful tool, besides being fun to build.... like legos for adults.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Good job, It would be good if they turn less liberal as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I only keep a basic membership to NRA, and OFF. any extra $ goes to OFF, as the NRA seems to have forsaken us here in Oregon.

I am doing my best to win the hearts and minds of as many non shooters as I can... Christmas 2015 I gave 3 lowers to liberal minded friends. Christmas 2016 I gave 5 lowers to friends who do not own semi auto rifles. All of them have kids... which is how I explained why I was giving something to them they may not want. They may not want an AR15, but their children might... and by the time they are of age, their kids may not be able to get one. 2 of them were butthurt initially, and all 8 wives were not happy with me. 7 of those lowers are now built into complete rifles, and the eighth is almost built... by the friends who are not gun people. All of them loved it, and want to build more. it cost me $400, plus the hassle of the transfers, but I convinced 8 families that the AR15 is a useful tool, besides being fun to build.... like legos for adults.
View Quote

Great idea!  Very well done.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I just hired a guy who fled a commie state. He and his wife add two STRONG conservative votes to Oregon.

Not much, but I'll do what I can.

This weekend I'm helping him with his two gun-safes!

Good hire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top