Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2016 8:34:11 AM EDT
Been looking around at local shops in the Portland area and can't seem to find any decent FALs for sale. Even wasted my time and money at this weekend's gun show at the Expo. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#1]
try northwestfirearms.com, great place to deal and trade right here at home. Go to classifieds and then rifles for sale trade.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The last one I saw I ended up buying.   They are hard to find.   Now and then one will pop up at Cabela's but they are always clunkers.
Keith's is probably your best bet.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
try northwestfirearms.com, great place to deal and trade right here at home. Go to classifieds and then rifles for sale trade.
View Quote

Good call! Didn't even think of that
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:04:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The last one I saw I ended up buying.   They are hard to find.   Now and then one will pop up at Cabela's but they are always clunkers.
View Quote

I saw a CAI R1A1 in a thumbhole stock with an unthreaded barrel at the gun show. What a POS. Already callen Keith's and they don't have any. I would prefer not to give him my business anyway. On a side note,  I overheard at the gun show that Keith's was banned. Anyone know why?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
If Earnst Armory is still doing their thing, they might have a line on one for you.  I think they are out of Portland/Vansterdam.  Used to do a lot of FAL parts and such.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#6]
When I was trying to sell my FALs I couldn't get anyone to bite. Now everyone seems to be looking for them!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I was trying to sell my FALs I couldn't get anyone to bite. Now everyone seems to be looking for them!
View Quote

That's how it always seems to work
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I am still kicking myself for not buying $100 kits and $40 308 battle packs back in the day.  Still would like to build an FAL at some point, but it's pretty low on the list of things to do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want a FAL, then I recommend you go to the FAL Files web forum. Sign up, and post a WTB ad in their marketplace. Getting one local is like looking for a unicorn. I had my L1A1 built sourcing parts from that forum.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you want a FAL, then I recommend you go to the FAL Files web forum. Sign up, and post a WTB ad in their marketplace. Getting one local is like looking for a unicorn. I had my L1A1 built sourcing parts from that forum.
View Quote

I signed up for FAL Files two weeks ago and my profile still says pending approval before I can post.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I saw a CAI R1A1 in a thumbhole stock with an unthreaded barrel at the gun show. What a POS. Already callen Keith's and they don't have any. I would prefer not to give him my business anyway. On a side note,  I overheard at the gun show that Keith's was banned. Anyone know why?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Barrels are easy to thread, stocks are easy to replace.

Some of the R1A1's are very decent, some are pure crap though. Either one can be identified in the field, if you know what you're looking for.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I had an R1A1 that was an inch pattern Imbel receiver. Barrel was way long on head space, other than that it was ok.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had an R1A1 that was an inch pattern Imbel receiver. Barrel was way long on head space, other than that it was ok.
View Quote

I ended up picking up an Imbel Para FAL from the EE. Should be delivered on Wednesday Thanks for everyone's help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top