Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2016 5:25:52 PM EDT
My family and I fled Kommiefornia back in Feb for many reasons, high on the list were the insane gun regulations and taxes.

We're enjoying life here in Northern Nevada but, it looks like I have an opportunity to relocate to the Portland area, if I accept the job it would mean an increase in annual income of over $50K.

I know the cost of living up there is higher and a whole new shit show of gun regulations in place or coming soon but my question is, if you already have more guns than you'll ever realistically need, would it be terrible to move there?

I would not want to live inside of Portland, an hour or two drive isn't huge for me, I used to drive 100 miles each way every day to San Francisco but we want a more rural life setting.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#1]
An hour or two drive isn't a big deal? 2 or 4 hours of normal driving on dry sunny roads is one thing and another when your windshield wipers can barely keep up with the torrential downpours.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Where in PDX are you going to work? Where do you plan to live? Rush hour traffic here is a nightmare. Rent is ridiculous, as well as home prices / availability. 50K more here might not be worth what you have there. I bailed from Kali in 1995 and moved to Spokane. In 01 I moved here. I'm thinking Idaho if shit goes bad here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Our governor has stated she wants to ban magazines (and I think AR15s). Will there be a grandfather clause? No body knows. I think if Hillary wins the dems in our state will be so full of them selves that we will see the same thing as California. So how much can your rights be bought for? I'm already thinking of where I'll be moving to. Nevada is on my short list.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
^^^^^ Consider Utah or Montana
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where in PDX are you going to work? Where do you plan to live? Rush hour traffic here is a nightmare. Rent is ridiculous, as well as home prices / availability. 50K more here might not be worth what you have there. I bailed from Kali in 1995 and moved to Spokane. In 01 I moved here. I'm thinking Idaho if shit goes bad here.
View Quote

The last time I was in Spokane was around 20 years ago, flew in to go to Benewah County, the guy at the tollbooth at the airport was black with a red dew-rag on his head and corn rolls, they've have a bit of a gang problem for quite a while I understand. Saddened me to see such a thing so far from Vegas, but the white trash kids at my destination were listening to gangsta rap and Meth was a problem there too which was even worse too see.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I lived in Utah for a while. considering Utah, Idaho, nevada
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Nevada Income Tax = 0%
Oregon Income Tax = 9%  - 9.9%

Plus politics

We do want your conservative vote (if it is....) but be prepared to be overwhelmed by "D" voters who want to take away all of your rights except for smoking pot.

ETA - I am usually an optimist, but Oregon is heading down a bad path if you like self-determination.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Nevada's sales tax is around 9%
Oregon none, not that that makes up for it but I thought it was worth mentioning, oh and Nevada is on the verge of going and staying blue for a long time if not eternity.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Look at scappoose and the area.  Look at Boring, Sandy, etc... Don't know much about south...

OR come across the river and enjoy no income tax. Look at Washougal, North Clark County (Hopkinson, battle ground La Center)
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My family and I fled Kommiefornia back in Feb for many reasons, high on the list were the insane gun regulations and taxes.

We're enjoying life here in Northern Nevada but, it looks like I have an opportunity to relocate to the Portland area, if I accept the job it would mean an increase in annual income of over $50K.

I know the cost of living up there is higher and a whole new shit show of gun regulations in place or coming soon but my question is, if you already have more guns than you'll ever realistically need, would it be terrible to move there?

I would not want to live inside of Portland, an hour or two drive isn't huge for me, I used to drive 100 miles each way every day to San Francisco but we want a more rural life setting.
View Quote

I am not a defeatist but the Liberals have got the conservatives out numbered in Oregon. Especially with the influx of Californians that Oregon has had over the years and continues to get. They have and will probably hold the Governorship (supported by Bloomberg) 4 of the 5 seats in the house and both senate seats. More Dems than Reps in the state house and senate too. I would shop around a bit before you take that job in PDX. Also, don't think that your employer & fellow employees will be any different. As for Portland, it is a whole neither level of liberal attitudes as well as just bizarreness. Just watch an episode of Portlandia and you will get an inside look at what they are all about. The show may be funny to some but it hits the nail right on the head.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am not a defeatist but the Liberals have got the conservatives out numbered in Oregon. Especially with the influx of Californians that Oregon has had over the years and continues to get. They have and will probably hold the Governorship (supported by Bloomberg) 4 of the 5 seats in the house and both senate seats. More Dems than Reps in the state house and senate too. I would shop around a bit before you take that job in PDX. Also, don't think that your employer & fellow employees will be any different. As for Portland, it is a whole neither level of liberal attitudes as well as just bizarreness. Just watch an episode of Portlandia and you will get an inside look at what they are all about. The show may be funny to some but it hits the nail right on the head.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On that show they sing that song and the lyrics go "where young people go to retire". I heard that in my county only 50% of people are even part of the work force.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I was born in Portland and l lived there 10-12 years total over the years.

Fuck that place.

I'm 26 by the way. We're not all liberals.

Looking at Nampa or Boise.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was born in Portland and l lived there 10-12 years total over the years.

Fuck that place.

I'm 26 by the way. We're not all liberals.

Looking at Nampa or Boise.
View Quote

I used to live there too but got the hell out along time ago. To many left wing nut jobs and their fucking liberal views. They can have it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#14]
As  a Portlander I will tell u it's a bad idea unless you like the following...
Unjustified high taxes.
Grossly over priced utilities, like water for example.
Pot smoke everywhere.
Social parasites.
Bums evershere.
Haroine attics everywhere.
Tweekers everywhere.
Libtard demos everwhere.
Your kids being brainwashed and sharing classrooms with refugees.
Constant attack on the 2nd.
Rediculous home prices, unless you spend 400 k min you will be in the ghetto.
BLM idiots blocking roads and such.

Did I miss anything? Portland is NOT what it is portrayed to be.

Move here at you're own risk but you have been warned. The above items are NOT exagerated.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please, no. We're full.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#16]
If the money is worth it, I would do it. But not as a permanent solution. Shit's been getting bad, and the slide is accelerating. Not sure of your career situation but I would save up money here for a few years and try to retire in Montana/Wyoming/Idaho. BTW, standard capacity mags are getting banned next year, so plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If the money is worth it, I would do it. But not as a permanent solution. Shit's been getting bad, and the slide is accelerating. Not sure of your career situation but I would save up money here for a few years and try to retire in Montana/Wyoming/Idaho. BTW, standard capacity mags are getting banned next year, so plan accordingly.
View Quote

We're thinking 5 years then try to figure out how to land in Idaho, where we've been trying to go for 5 years but the employment situation never worked out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 3:40:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
As  a Portlander I will tell u it's a bad idea unless you like the following...
Unjustified high taxes.
Grossly over priced utilities, like water for example.
Pot smoke everywhere.
Social parasites.
Bums evershere.
Haroine attics everywhere.
Tweekers everywhere.
Libtard demos everwhere.
Your kids being brainwashed and sharing classrooms with refugees.
Constant attack on the 2nd.
Rediculous home prices, unless you spend 400 k min you will be in the ghetto.
BLM idiots blocking roads and such.

Did I miss anything? Portland is NOT what it is portrayed to be.

Move here at you're own risk but you have been warned. The above items are NOT exagerated.
View Quote

Yup, what he said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top