Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 9:12:21 PM EDT
Nooooo!

http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2016/09/der_rheinlander_to_close.html

Der Rheinlander, the 53-year-old Northeast Portland German restaurant, will close early next year, the restaurant confirmed.

Guten Foods, which owns the Rose City Park restaurant as well as German restaurant chain Gustav's, sold Der Rheinlander's distinctive Northeast Sandy Boulevard building to Venerable Properties, the company responsible for redeveloping Washington High School into Revolution Hall, among other projects.

The restaurant will stay open until early 2017. After the closure, employees will be offered new jobs at Gustav's in Portland, Tigard, Clackamas, Vancouver, Keizer and a still-in-development Cedar Hills Crossing location planned for late next year.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Nooooo!

http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2016/09/der_rheinlander_to_close.html

Der Rheinlander, the 53-year-old Northeast Portland German restaurant, will close early next year, the restaurant confirmed.

Guten Foods, which owns the Rose City Park restaurant as well as German restaurant chain Gustav's, sold Der Rheinlander's distinctive Northeast Sandy Boulevard building to Venerable Properties, the company responsible for redeveloping Washington High School into Revolution Hall, among other projects.

The restaurant will stay open until early 2017. After the closure, employees will be offered new jobs at Gustav's in Portland, Tigard, Clackamas, Vancouver, Keizer and a still-in-development Cedar Hills Crossing location planned for late next year.
View Quote
View Quote

I have seen a decent number of restaurant closing notices lately.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Well now where in the fuck am I supposed to stand in line on Father's Day?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well now where in the fuck am I supposed to stand in line on Father's Day?
View Quote

Food carts?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The important thing is that every restaurant employee of a closed business was going to get $15/hour if the place had stayed open!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
A lot of great family memories went down at the Rheinlander. Did notice the last time I was there, a couple years ago, that it seemed to lack its former persona, as the wait staff and décor seemed a bit tired. The food was still good though!

Sure hope someone in NW Oregon or SW Washington picks up where they left off and gives us a German food experience to remember.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lot of great family memories went down at the Rheinlander. Did notice the last time I was there, a couple years ago, that it seemed to lack its former persona, as the wait staff and décor seemed a bit tired. The food was still good though!

Sure hope someone in NW Oregon or SW Washington picks up where they left off and gives us a German food experience to remember.
View Quote

Have you tried the Glockenspiel in Mt. Angel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top