Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2016 5:36:11 PM EDT
My buddy lives in OR and wants me to come elk hunting with him. Are there any discounted programs for licenses or tags? Are there any fish or shell fish in season during elk season? Can I hunt with a suppressor in OR?
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
There are no discounts. This state sees everyone as a source of revenue. Crabs are in season on the coast, and you can have good luck from the docks in Charleston or Newport. You can hunt with a suppressor here. It seems like fish are always in season on the rivers, but may not be the best season depending on what you are going after.

There is some information on Salmon fishing here:
http://www.bestfishinginamerica.com/or-salmon-fishing.html
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Talk your buddy into going elk hunting in Idaho. Oregon sucks for out of state fees and we don't have the animals or a general season that puts you in the animals like other states. Also, if you haven't gotten a tag yet for this year I don't think you will get one. Archery is already open and tag sales have closed and I think that all rifle tags are draw only but I could be wrong on that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Idaho is great for elk, but Oregon is still considered very good. There are a lot of general season tags sold for rifle, though there is a very small success rate. You are correct on archery: since it has already started, then tag sales ended.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I was trying to figure this out too.  Even though I had residency in Oregon earlier this year, as soon as my OR license got punched, it would have rendered my tags invalid.  

I'm flying into town next week to do archery season with my friends.  I'll be out there armed with my trusty pointing finger.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was trying to figure this out too.  Even though I had residency in Oregon earlier this year, as soon as my OR license got punched, it would have rendered my tags invalid.  

I'm flying into town next week to do archery season with my friends.  I'll be out there armed with my trusty pointing finger.  
View Quote

I was hoping we could buy one tag and all hunt until someone gets it, then just divide it up. But you cant hunt unless you have your own individual tag.

I'm not in a tag state so I dont know how this works.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was hoping we could buy one tag and all hunt until someone gets it, then just divide it up. But you cant hunt unless you have your own individual tag.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you hunt using someone else's tag here, that is a HUGE no-no, if you get caught.  You can help someone hunt, i.e. be a back to haul the meat out, but if you have a gun on you, you better have a license and your own tag or a tag for something that is in season during that time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you hunt using someone else's tag here, that is a HUGE no-no, if you get caught.  You can help someone hunt, i.e. be a back to haul the meat out, but if you have a gun on you, you better have a license and your own tag or a tag for something that is in season during that time.
View Quote

Just to double check in case I'm reading the rules incorrectly,  but sidearms are still permitted by those without tags, correct?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top