Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2016 1:58:34 AM EDT
I am a WA resident and have completed the requisite training requirements (at Insights in WA), and am spending significant time in Oregon for work and bring my firearms with me to get range time while I am there since my evenings are often more open to training time than when I'm at home.  I have WA, UT, and FL licenses, but they don't help me in OR.

Which Sheriffs are open to non-resident applications right now?  I heard that some are accepting of non-resident applications, but some are less helpful.  

I'm spending a lot of time in Multnomah (yeah, I know!), Clackamas, and Marion counties if that helps (probably doesn't since it's the belly of the beast), but am willing to drive a couple of extra hours to get the job done.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Washington county. Sheriff is very pro 2A.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:28:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Vancouver resident here, I turned my app into Multnomah county.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He pulled my non-resident CHL.  I had one under the previous Sheriff, and when the new guy was elected he refused to renew mine.

I just skip driving through Portland and Beaverton now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He pulled my non-resident CHL.  I had one under the previous Sheriff, and when the new guy was elected he refused to renew mine.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So maybe not...
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish I could renew mine.
After having an Oregon CHL for almost eight years, it became invalid once I moved. It is now one of eight states I can't carry in.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Multnomah was fine for me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oregon law states that a sheriff may waive the residency requirement for a resident of a contiguous state that has a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need. Washington County may consider your application if you live in a contiguous state, meet all the requirements, and write a letter stating a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need that exhibits a correlation to Washington County. Your statement must be submitted with your completed application.

Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:11:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oregon law states that a sheriff may waive the residency requirement for a resident of a contiguous state that has a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need. Washington County may consider your application if you live in a contiguous state, meet all the requirements, and write a letter stating a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need that exhibits a correlation to Washington County. Your statement must be submitted with your completed application.

Fuck that noise.

Well he's just not a fan of OPs state then.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.

I was going to make a crack about not needing a Permission Slip for anything since middle school, but I guess that's what the damn CHL is in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah after the recent couple hits i definitely wouldn't drive around with a firearm in Multnomah county. A few guys who weren't prohibited persons still got popped for not following local laws.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Multnomah County went smoothly
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]
You can always try curry county, the sheriff is crooked as shit, but he is very pro 2a!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top