Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2016 6:44:53 PM EDT
Does anyone in the portland metro area actually have  1911 parts in stock? I'm looking for more than night sights and magazines.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything I've ever bought has been online. It's tough to find 1911 parts.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Dash hit it spot on.
When I was doing my 1911 rebuild,  I ordered every last part online.  

I still haven't sent it out for coating though.  It looks very "rat rod" styled.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't find anyone in Portland that had a damn firing pin return spring.  Rich's Gun Shop in Donald has some parts available.  I don't know if they have enough for a full build, but they do gunsmithing so they at least have some parts.  It's a little outside of the metro area, but just a quick trip down I-5.  FWIW...
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I couldn't find anyone in Portland that had a damn firing pin return spring.  Rich's Gun Shop in Donald has some parts available.  I don't know if they have enough for a full build, but they do gunsmithing so they at least have some parts.  It's a little outside of the metro area, but just a quick trip down I-5.  FWIW...
View Quote

Based upon personal experience with them you will probably find it less expensive to order on line even with the shipping attached.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You will probably have to buy everything online, I was in Portland last week and was surprised how little parts the stores had in stock.  I know there is recoil springs all over ebay with good prices and free shipping right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top